Chapter 13 - You've Got A Friend In Me

"Swift, you know I like you, right?", Hyde says over the radio to me in the backseat.

Yeah, that happened. I am currently in a Viper and he is the pilot. If someone would have asked me that five days ago, I would have said, that I would rather put a bullet between my eyes than ever fly with him. Well, I think it's a good thing, that nobody asked me that question, otherwise I would be dead right now.

"Please don't tell me, you have fallen deeply in love with me, and you are planning on leaving your wife and kid for me."

"Don't be ridiculous. I would never ever leave Daph, she is the love of my life."

"I know and I would never want to get in between the two of you. Well, that and you are not my type."

"Bummer, I don't think Daph would be against spicing things a bit up and to bring another woman into our bed."

"This conversation is now over.", I tell him, and he laughs.

"I couldn't let that chance pass me."

"And I started to think, that you had some sort of class, but I guess I was wrong."

"Are we back to hurting each other's feelings again?", he asks me amused and I sigh.

"What do you want to know now? We already played twenty questions yesterday to keep you entertained. I don't think there is much more to know about me. Heck, you even figured out my cycle."

"Yeah, I didn't intend on that. Anyways, would you mind taking over?"

"That's a hard pass."

"Hmm okay. Anyways, racehorse.", he says, and I can feel the aircraft shaking a bit, because he just set it to autopilot.

"What the fuck dude." Jesus fucking Christ, he really pees right now. Not that I can smell or hear anything, but him not saying something tells me enough.

"Ahhhh, complete. That did well.", he says after some time, and I can feel him taken control of the jet again.

"Couldn't you wait until we are back on base?"

"Nope. I had so much tea today and I don't want to cut our trip short. Anyways, I have two questions for you."

"Oh, only two this time. Should I be worried if some of your braincells left your brain while peeing?"

"Nah, they are all in there. Don't get me wrong, I like you and spending time with you is fun. I thought that it is Jabba's job to fly you around."

"That wasn't a question."

"Someone is being overly precise. But I will humor you. So, why am I the one who has been flying with you the last two days and today?"

"Because I like you better."

"Well, that's something I would like to believe but I don't. Come on, tell me the truth, Swift."

"I never said that I would answer any of your questions."

"But you did. You answered all of them."

"I am starting to regret that."

"I know, you don't. We have an hour left and there is always the option of me singing."

"Oh, dear Lord, not again. Are you some sort of torture device from hell explicitly designed for me?"

"That can't be true. My mother told me that I am a gift from heaven."

"You are not giving up, are you?"

"Nope. I thought we have gotten to know each other pretty well in the past few days."