Chapter 23 - Check It Out

"Hyde why do you look like someone just took your favorite stuffed animal away?", I ask him with faked concern as I see him in the air crew equipment room. He already has his suit and equipment on, and it looks like he is waiting for someone.

"I am not sad. Okay, maybe a little, because my small chick grew up and will now take her first flight. I will not be there to see it.", he answers in a mocked sad tone and moves his hand to wipe away an imaginary tear. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, don't be sad about it. I will join you in the next few days and then I will get you every single opportunity you will give me.", I say and smile at him wickedly.

"Don't think, that there will be a lot."

"You don't really sound sure about that. How about we make a bet?", I ask him and raise one of my eyebrows challengingly at him.

"Don't do it, Hyde.", Dave warns him from the corner of the room as he gets his harness on. He has this sly smile on his face, because he knows I am deadly serious about this. I have told him yesterday, that I have a few people that I need to scare the shit out off. Hyde is on the top of that list.

"Why not. If I win our first encounter, you will wear whatever I put you in. And damn, it will be spicy."

"Okay, but if I win, you will wear what I tell you to, and you can't chicken out."

"If I were ever to do that. I am in.", he says and holds his hand out to me. Quickly I take it and we seal the bet. He won't know what hit him.

"Good. Have some fun while you can.", I tell him, pat his shoulder once and then walk to the locker in which my things are kept.

"He just shoved his own grave, didn't he?", Dave asks me amused as I zip up my G-pants. I look up from my forward bend position and see him casually leaning against the metal with a grin on his face and his eyes focused on my butt.

"He did. I think he didn't really read up on my plane, did he?", I want to know from him as I get up and I am about to grab my harness, but he beats me to it.

"Actually, I don't know that and if I were to know, I wouldn't tell you, because it would be unfair." He holds it open for me and I slide my hands through it.

"I see. Anyways be safe up there and see you in a few hours." I turn around and start to close the straps. He puts his hands on them when I am finished and checks them again. Especially the one underneath me boobs, as he puts his hand through it and balls it to a fist.

"I am always safe. I am more concerned about you though.", he admits as he tightens the strap a little bit, because it is too loose. I shake my head and smile stupidly at him.

"It will be fine. My MOA is right next to base. If something were to happen, I would be back in no time." I put a hand onto his chest.

"Just promise me something, so I feel better." Dave takes my hand in his and entwines our fingers.

"What is it?"

"Start easy. Light G's. Light maneuvers. Get the feel of the plane again." He brushes a strand of my hair that got out of my braid behind my ear. Then he let his hand rest on my cheek.

"As I said to Hyde before. It's not my first flight, but I promise, that I will take it easy." Quickly, I look around to see if anyone is watching. When I see that we are save, I raise to my toes and give him a quick peck on his lips.

"Good, now I am relieved. Have fun up there and I want to hear about it afterwards.", he says, and pulls me back to him to kiss me this time.

"I will do. One more thing though. Wanna make a bet as well?" He glances at me with a calculated look. He probably thinks about what it will be about and what he would get out of it.