Not Muggle-born!~Edited August 25, 2023

A sudden slamming and loud footsteps echoed through the room, causing all six of them to abruptly raise their heads. Startled, they hadn't realized the commotion they had been creating. It became evident that someone downstairs must have heard the crashes and the thunderous roars of the troll. A moment later, the door to the room flew open, and Professor McGonagall burst in, her robes billowing behind her. Snape followed closely behind, his expression stern and his eyes fixed on the chaos before him. 

Bringing up the rear was Quirrell, his face pale and sweaty, clearly terrified by the scene. As Quirrell caught sight of the enormous troll, a faint whimper escaped his lips. He hurriedly found the nearest toilet and sat down, clutching his heart in panic. The room was filled with tension and apprehension as everyone took in the dangerous situation. Snape bent over the troll, his dark eyes narrowing as he cast a disapproving look at Draco, Daphne, and Jade. The Slytherin trio couldn't help but feel a shiver run down their spines under his intense gaze. 

Meanwhile, Professor McGonagall directed her piercing eyes toward Ron, Harry, and surprisingly, Draco. Harry and Ron had never seen her look so angry. Draco's indifference was apparent even in the face of Professor McGonagall's furious reprimand. Her voice dripped with cold fury as she demanded an explanation for their reckless actions.

"What on earth were you thinking?" she barked, her eyes narrowing in disapproval. 

The weight of her words hung heavy in the air, but Draco seemed unfazed. Harry's gaze fell upon Draco, who remained in a rigid stance, his wand raised in the air.

"You're lucky you weren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitory?" Snape's voice cut through the air, sharp and filled with a mix of anger and concern. 

His dark eyes pierced through Harry as if searching him for answers. Harry and Ron's eyes darted downwards, their expressions wary. Draco slowly retracted his wand, realizing that it was still poised threateningly in his hand as though he had intended to cast a hex. Just as the tension in the room began to dissipate, a soft voice emerged from the shadows, breaking the silence.

"Please, Professor," Jade admitted, her voice tinged with a hint of anxiety. "They were just looking for me and Hermione."

She analyzed the pros and cons of the situation, carefully considering the potential outcomes. After careful deliberation, she decided it was crucial to avoid losing too many points for their actions.

In a sudden burst of realization, McGonagall exclaimed, "Miss Green!" It appeared as though she had just become aware of Jade's presence.

"I-er- we went looking for the troll because... we thought we could deal with it on our own, you know because she's read all about them and I told her I could do wandless magic." Jade continued as Ron's jaw dropped in surprise. 

He witnessed Jade Green blatantly lying to a professor and to add to his astonishment, Hermione Granger, known for her honesty, was not revealing the truth. The situation seemed surreal to Ron, making him question the reality of the moment.

"If they hadn't found us, I'm sure we'd probably be dead now. Harry stuck his wand up its nose and Ron knocked it out with his own club. They didn't have time to come and fetch anyone. It was about to finish me off when they arrived." Hermione pitched in with her own lie. 

Which earned her a snarl and glare from all the Slytherins in the room, minus of course Snape. Harry and Ron tried to look as though this story wasn't new to them. 

"Well, in that case..." said Professor McGonagall, staring at the two girls. "Miss Granger and Miss Green, you foolish girls, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?"