Part Seven, Rise or Fall? Chapter One.

You guys are really going to want to kill me. And, @FutureMango hi! This Part of WMHB is dedicated to you!!! (Because you keep all your enemies in one place, hint hint.) Don't judge, I will do proper art sometime this half-term.

Edit: I actually drew the art for this in good time :/ Yes, I know it sucks.

📯All Hail Dennigail📯

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Abbi?" Silence. "Abbi? Abbigail, are you there?"

"Yeah..." There's a moment of quiet, then Abbigail senses a familiar presence at her side. She doesn't look up.

"What's wrong?" Abbigail feels someone pull her into an embrace. "Abbi, you can talk to me." No, I can't. Not about this. Abbigail presses her head to Denny's shoulder and tries to suppress tears.

You won't kill me. It's not in your nature.

"Stop!" she cries, interrupting Denny, who is murmuring to her. He flinches backwards and frowns in confusion. Abbigail's face reddens and she stares at the floor. "N- not you. I- I'm sorry."

You're not strong enough to lead them. You will fall.

Abbigail clenches her fists and tries to push the memory away. I will not fall, she promises herself. No matter what is put in my path, I will not fall. I will fight for my friends and for peace.

"Abbi, I'm here for you. Always will be," Denny takes her hands. "If anything is worrying you... I'm here." Abbigail looks up at her boyfriend and her heart leaps, like every time it does when she sees him. A lump arises in her throat.

"I don't deserve someone like you." Denny grins cheekily and leans in to kiss her cheek.

"Quite the opposite, Abbi," he counters. "I never did anything to deserve you." Abbigail can't help but smile, heart fluttering as she returns the gentle kiss.

"No, you didn't." she agrees. Denny feigns being insulted.

"I am wounded," he declares. Abbigail laughs. "Truly, I am wounded. I see nothing funny in this situation, Abbigail. I am wounded."

"Oh, shut up, you idiot." Abbigail flings her arms around Denny's neck and lets him pull her into an embrace.

"The triplets, Ria and Persira are talking in the next room. Might wanna watch it – you don't want them to think you're insulting one of them." Denny replies playfully. Abbigail rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," She brushes the comment away. "What do you think they're talking about anyway?" Denny draws back and shrugs, looking her in the eye. His gaze makes her face warm, but she forces herself to hold it with equal intensity.

"Dunno," he returns carefully. "What even happened on Mt. Velgrin? You guys were up there for hours!" Abbigail sighs.

"Well, Ria died-" she starts, but Denny interrupts her.

"Yeah, she said that, and I was like what? Explain, Abbi! My brain is breaking!" Abbigail punches his arm gently, at the same time glancing at his scar – where Abbi-doesn't-wanna-talk-about-this-person wounded him – and feels a chill of fear.

"Maybe I would explain, if I could get a word in edgeways." she chastises him, trying to shake the sensation off.

"Go on, then." Denny prompts, rubbing his arm and making a face at her. She laughs.

"All right."

******************

"...and they were holding hands. Can I just address the fact that they were holding hands, Abbi?" Abbigail flops backwards onto her bed and groans half-heartedly. She's given Denny a lot of mind-blowing information, such as how Ria can apparently be resurrected how, and he's focusing on this?