Part Five, Promises. Chapter Six.

Forget what I said about a P.O.V change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Lucan woke up the next morning, he almost thought the previous evening had been a dream. No way could it have been true. But, when he walked out of the guest room Galleous had given him and into the dining room, he knew it was real.

Why?

Because Niika jumped him. Obviously.

******************

Lucan enters the dining room to find Galleous cooking bacon.

"Hi." The Sendaris starts and turns.

"Oh, good morning, Lucan," he says pleasantly, though Lucan can see that his kind smile is strained and the shadows under his eyes are even more prominent than they had been a day earlier. He frowns in concern. "Bacon?" Galleous offers, gesturing to the food. Lucan nods distractedly.

"Yes, please," Lucan scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "You seen Niika this morning?" The old Ardoni shrugs.

"Not since last night," Galleous tilts his head and regards Lucan cynically, as if reading his thoughts as Lucan remembers what had happened yesterday. "Why?" It's Lucan's turn to shrug.

"Just wondered," he replies, then turns. "Could- mfh!" Before Lucan can finish his sentence, someone flings their arms around his neck and plants their lips onto his. Lucan gasps, brain scrambling to catch up with the odd turn of events, then realizes it's Niika. He leans happily into the kiss for a second before pulling away. "Jeez, not even a 'hello' before you jump me?"

"Hello," Niika amends, green eyes twinkling with humour. "You good?" Lucan rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine, at least I was before a certain Felina scared the wits out of me." he grumbles, but folds his arms around Niika's waist as she laughs.

"Well, I'm sorry that I wanted to make sure last night wasn't a dream." she retorts playfully, leaning her head on his shoulder. Lucan snorts.

"Not the way I'd go about it, but fine." Lucan draws away and kisses the Felina's cheek briefly. Niika smiles.

"I still can't believe-"

"I know, me neither." The two of them laugh, then Niika's gaze travels past Lucan and he turns. From the door, the purple-black haired Human, who previously introduced herself as Abbigail, raises an eyebrow.

"Morning, lovebirds." she remarks.

"You can't talk, Abbi." Another Human appears behind Abbigail and she turns, smiling. The boy has ginger hair and sparkling blue eyes. Denny, Lucan remembers. Abbigail kisses his cheek.

"Guess not," she replies fondly, gripping Denny's hand. "Morning."

"Hey, move along! The corridor is getting kinda cramped back here!" calls a voice from behind the two. Denny and Abbigail laugh, moving into the dining hall. Galleous greets the two of them and three others walk into the room; Persira and the two other Humans Lucan recalls were talking with Hubris the previous day - Saxon and Trevor.

Saxon's brown hair is ruffled like a bad case of bed-head and his blue eyes are dancing with mischief. There is a stain on his navy jacket that glimmers and fades in and out of view.

Trevor wears casual farm clothes, as if a throwback to his life before he joined... whatever this team is. His black hair, in stark contrast to Saxon's, is combed neatly and he is holding a book.