The Search

Y/n soon had arrived home, and had said goodnight to his mother. After she held him for another twenty minutes of course. Once he made it to his room, he locked the door and quietly began to change into his suit. After a few minutes of preparation, he tightened his web shooters, and climbed out the window. He twipped onto the roof, took a moment to let out a quick stretch before running to the edge and leaping roof to roof. With his glitching from block to block, he had arrived at the meeting spot within 10 minutes. 

Y/n funds himself stopping on top of the Columbia College campus building. Y/n squats on the edge of the building as the full moon shines down on him. His purple lenses shine, while he watches the streets below for any sign of his partner. 

Then again, what if that villain is still out there? He needs to be on complete alert, similar back at the restaurant, Y/n's back begins to glitch out into many shards across the roof. 

Y/n's shards begin to react more erratically as if something made contact. In an instant, the rest of his body glitches and shifts behind the source. Y/n reforms and upon knowing who it was, smiles under his mask.

Y/n: Boo! 

Y/n's body glitches a bit as a punch flies directly through him. Petra reels her arm back and holds her chest tightly. She takes a deep breath before glaring at the chuckling teen.

Petra: Holy crap Y/n!! Why the hell did you do that?!

Y/n: Didn't think I could sneak up on you, with that spider sense of yours.

Petra: Jesus Y/n… well I guess my spider sense just knee you weren't a threat or, with your weird, atom displacement thing, maybe I couldn't sense you. So how about, you just never do that again? Okay? Okay.

Y/n chuckles a bit and stands up high as he walks along the edge of the building. She follows, and walks behind him on the ledge as she stared down at the street.

Y/n: So what happened earlier? If you couldn't catch them, it must be one of your rogues gallery right? 

Petra: Ding Ding, you're right on the money Y/n.

Y/n: Who are we hunting? Rhino? Dr. Doom, Scorpion, Green Goblin?... speaking of which, are we… ever gonna talk about that?

Y/n turns around to see her looking directly at him. Her eyes seem to squint, she sighs and shakes her head.

Petra: Did you ever tell Harry?

Y/n: I wouldn't even know where to start.

Petra: Good… Norman is complicated, you see how he is when we're around Harry. He's a good man, but that evil… it sometimes slips through his cracks and resurfaces. I do my best to stop him each time. From what I found out, he takes medication to push that version of himself deeper within himself.

Y/n: So when we fought him, he was literally off his meds?

Petra nods.

Petra: Basically, I've been trying to work on a cure, but, I just can't crack it yet 

Y/n: I see… Maybe we should get Mr. Stark to help? He's gotta have connections right?

Petra: I'll see what I can do, I haven't even seen him since Dr. Doom attacked. Listen, let's just get to the matter at hand, the villain we're looking for is Venom.

Y/n: Wait, isn't that like the villain version of you or something?

Petra: Not really. It's a symbiote that I used to own at one point, then it latched onto a new host. But we're able to get SHIELD to contain them and separate the two of them. But it seems it escaped and got a new host.