Prologue

"Alpha, come in Alpha" I said into the radio.

"This is Alpha, I say this is Alpha, over"

"Copy. Diamond-Back squad is approaching Human Base Briggs, over" I said again.

"Right. Be advised Diamond-Back, I'm counting many hostiles inside the base, all armed. They'll no doubt kill you on sight. You need to do this quietly to avoid detection. Find the files, and get the hell out of there"

"Right, we'll keep in touch" I replied as I looked back at the others, overlooking the base.

"Shit, you sure this will go smoothly, Mason?" Carter asked me

"I pray so. We need to keep quiet. Humans are in there and armed. Let's find those files team" I said as the four of us walked to the base. Using a roof entry, we stayed in the upper vents as I lead the others out of them, down to a research center.

We all looked around for a second, finding the place completely empty of Humans.

"Well shit. Nofur anywhere" Snips said

"We gotta keep looking. Dangerous enough we're out here in the open" I said

"Hey, Cap. Found an exit. Think it may be the file room" Rondy said as he stood by the door. I walked over to it and opened it, coming to a room with bookshelves on both sides.

Minutes passed of looking around, and finally, Snips found the files.

"Alright, let's get the hell out of here." I said

"We can use the hanger deck nearby. It's a straight shot out" Carter said

"Right, let's move" I said as the four of us walked to the hanger deck.

Upon arrival, the entire room was empty. It was big enough to hear an echo from your own voice, but not a soul in sight.

"No Humans, not for a while" Rondy said as the four of us looked around.

"I though Alpha said there would be some" Snips said

I didn't reply, but that was when the lights went out, and as the four of us turned on our flashlights, we all remained attentive. Scared. Silence filled the room, but that was when a slam could be heard behind me, and next to me, and then in front of me.

I looked around to see my squad mates, all dead laying besides me. I shivered in fear as I looked around quickly, trying to find the source of their death, but that was when I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turning around I was slammed in the face, being launched far back.

My rifle fell out of my paws as I looked ahead, and a hatchet was sliced directly into my torso. I gasped for air, but that was when a humanoid figure stood beside me, in some sort of power suit. It looked down at me.

"W-Who are y-you...?" I gasped out as it kneeled down beside me, and took one good look at me.

"I...am your worst Nightmare" It replied as it crushed my head with its boot.

Darkness.

-----------

"Fucking hell, Henderson" A feminine voice said beside me as I took my boot off the Furs dismembered head.

"Chloe." I said as I turned my head and looked at her.

"So you do remember me? I'm touched." Chloe said to me

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice deep, and dark.

"Like I'd ever want to miss a second with my brave man" Chloe said as she got close to me, but I pushed her back

"There's still work to be done." I said

"You ever take a break, pal? You ever stop killing Furs?" Chloe asked me

"I'll take a break when I'm dead." I replied

"How scary. I bet you act like this to seem cool" Chloe said to me

"What's the point in that?" I asked

"You tell me" Chloe responded

I didn't reply, only look back down at the body, seeing a file in the Fur's paw. I took the file as I kept it in my belt buckle, then looked back at Chloe.

"Come on, we need to get you out of here" I said as I grabbed Chloe by the elbow, taking her out of the hanger deck.