Chapter 8 - New World

My eyes opened, every part of my back hurting. I slowly took a breath in and out as I looked up at the sky, seeing how white clouds flew past a blue sky. I slowly stood up as I looked at the ground below, finding it being a dark grey color. A yellow line crossed in the middle, and there I finally stood up and saw my surroundings. Buildings stretched on both sides of me, and people walked on a grey path. Their fashion was, different. Nothing I have ever seen before. Just then, a loud sound emitted from behind me, and there I saw a citizen driving some sort of, thing.

"Hey! Get out of the road, idiot!" He shouted as I evaded, and the man quickly drove away. I was left curious.

"Road...?" I asked myself, and behind me I could see a man standing on the grey path along the side of the 'road' shout to me

"Hey! Get off the road! Get on the sidewalk dammit!" The man shouted as I slowly walked onto the 'sidewalk'

I looked around, and walked down the sidewalk and continued through until I arrived at an intersection, and there I walked onto the street and gained a better advantage of my surroundings. Almost immediately, another one of those vehicles honked at me, and using my Jet Wings I flew away. Many people were shocked to see the, and there I landed on top of the highest building. I looked down, and there I saw I was in a massive city, with shores surrounding it, and industry at its finest.

Behind me, I could hear a person shout out to me, and looking back I could see a crow of people, begging me to come back to them as I stood by the gargoyle, and looked down, seeing the massive drop. A man in a blue uniform came out of the crowd shouted to me.

"Sir, I want you to slowly come back here, okay? You are not allowed to be there" The man said, and there I looked at his badge, which signified he was a 'police officer'

"Who are you people?" I asked

"Sir, come back, now" The officer ordered as I looked down.

"Where am I? What year is it?" I asked, shouting almost.

No response, but people mumbled to themselves

"What year is it!?" I shouted, and there I caught everyone's attention

"It's 2022" The officer replied, and I remained silent for a second

"What?" I asked

"It's 2022, dumbass. Do you not know?" The officer asked as I didn't reply again, but I looked down and then slowly went back to the other people. Immediately, I ran away and leaped off the building. I opened my wings and it were as if time slowed, and there I had an entire view of the city. I quickly fell down and opened my wings, gliding through the skies.

The day grew to night, and there I stood watching the massive city as its lights flickered on, and in I went to the city. I stuck to the rooftops as I looked below and saw people going about the rest of their days, and deeper into the city I heard sirens.

I followed to the sirens and there I saw the police vehicles, chasing an all black vehicle. I quickly pursued by gliding to the top of a police vehicle, and immediately I pulled out my rifle and fired at the black 'car'

The billets pierced through and seconds later the entire car exploded, and shattered into a mighty flame. The police cars stopped as I slowly got off and approached the crash, and out came three men, crawling out. Injured. I grabbed each of them by the collar and dragged them over to the police car. Each of them stood shocked upon seeing me, but there I pointed my rifle at them.

"Stop! Put the gun down, now!" An officer shouted from behind me, and I slowly lowered as I looked back, seeing three officers point their pistols at me. They were all confused upon seeing my rifle, and I was confused to look at theirs. It was one I never see before.

"Drop the gun!" The officer shouted as I didn't comply, but instead look back at the injured men. I pointed my rifle at them, and there one of the officers fired at me. The bullet barely pierced through my armor.

Immediately I fired my rifle, killing both officers and injured men. I looked back and there other officers began firing at me. I quickly ran as everyone stood shocked. I was running over 30 miles per hour.

I climbed onto a building, but didn't notice as an officer shot the battery pack to my Jet Wings. I leaped off a building, and expected my wings to open, but they didn't. Instead, I feel far down the building.

There, everything went dark.