Chapter 1 - New War

"All rise" A general said at the meeting table, as a tall Protogen walked into the Meeting Room.

This one looked similar to Ross. He had grey fur, and the thigh armor he had was of a blue color. The same went with his chest armor, visor ring and ear and tail fur. He walked in as he sat down in a chair, as everyone else did the same.

"5 years it has been. 5 years since the brave Captain Henderson killed my brother, Ross. Honestly, we can all agree he was kind of a dick, so we owe him that. But, Ross was planning on making a technological leap, one that would grow our empire to be unstoppable. Yet, it was too late, Ross died. The Willbuxians still remain dominant. What will we do about that, huh?" The Fur asked

"Sir, if I may. The death of Emperor Ross was caused by Captain Henderson. My suggestion, is that we kill him" A fur suggested

"Only problem, is that the Captain went silent these past couple of years. Ever since Ross died, he's gone silent, almost off the record. Finding him will be harder" I explained

"Well, sir. With Ross dead, the Imperial Family of The Furry Empire does declare the next eldest to be the new emperor of The Furry Empire. That mean, sir, that you are the new emperor of the Furry Empire."

I sat silent for some time.

"So what shall we do now, Master Risu?" A Fur asked, as I replied

"We will succeed, where my brother failed"

-----------

I sat overlooking the massive city of Rosto. It was well know to be attacked by Heretics, as we call them. The wind blew over my face, the bandage over my eye softly swaying. Just then, a call came on my radio.

"What is it?" I asked

"Hey, buddy. Listen, I'm going to need your help. I found something pretty interesting that you'll like" Chloe said on the radio

"Speak then" I replied

"Right, come to my location. You'll like this" Chloe said as I looked down, seeing the massive distance I was from the ground. I jumped off the building as my jet wings activated, and as I flew over to Chloe's location.

I arrived at an old abandoned asylum, and there I saw Chloe looking down at it. I landed besides her as we both looked.

"An old asylum?" I asked

"After you killed Ross, the Furs were trying to find their new emperor. He's in there." Chloe said

"New emperor? I'm not surprised" I replied

"You want to do this alone, then be my guest. I'll be here if you need me" Chloe said as I flew over to the room entry, and went inside.

I used the bars overhead as a mean of transportation, walking overhead as I saw Furs underneath. I walked through the asylum as I used Nightmare Eyes to locate the emperor. Eventually, I began to hear a beeping, and then a shot to the back, made me fall to the ground below, unconscious.

Darkness. Hours it felt.

I awake to find myself strapped to a chair, my armor still on, even my visor still on. In front of me is a Protogen. He had grey fur, and the thigh armor he had was of a blue color. The same went with his chest armor, visor ring and ear and tail fur.

"So stubborn, Nightmare. It's a good trait, in my opinion. I have it too" He said to me

"Who are you?" I asked

"Oh right, you don't know. Allow me to introduce myself. I, am Emperor Risu, and you are?" He asked me as I grew angry

I struggled to get out of the chair, wanting to kill him on the spot.

"There's no way out, Nightmare. No way out of that chair at least. I suggest you stay put there" Risu said as I looked again at him.

"You're Ross' replacement?" I asked

"I'm more than just a replacement, Nightmare. I'm his brother. Well, step brother to be specific" Risu said

I grunted and rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, Nightmare. I'm not going to kill you. I know Ross would if he had you captured like this. And between you and me, I also think he was a bit off in the head. All I'm going to do is take that visor off your face and show everyone who you really are" Risu said as I moved my head back a bit.

As he reached out for me, his paw got shocked back as he tried to grab my visor.

"Defense mechanism, huh? Well, I guess they were right about you, being untouchable" Risu said "That's fine, I'll be back"

As Risu left the room, I was left stuck in the room, tied to the chair. With both my arms and legs tied to the chair, mobility was limited. I rocked myself side to side as I fell over, still tied to the chair, but the straps looser than before.

I slowly slipped my arms and legs out of the straps as I stood back on my feet, and picked up a pistol on the desk.

Breaking out of the room, I shot my way out the building and towards the exit, or at least a window. Why a window? As I shot it, the glass shattered and I jumped out, running out of the asylum.

As I looked up, a massive aircraft hovered above me, and grappling up, I flew it away from the area.