Chapter 9 - Execute

The damp light glistening in my eyes. My world, shaken, broke. Alone. I can't fight the good fight for any longer.

I wake up to find myself, strapped by my arms and legs to a chair. Above me, a crowd streaming and shouting, in joy. I raise my head, unable to move my body. As I regain my strength, a door opens, and in walks a tall Primagen. Risu.

"What do you think you were doing in there?" He asks, a face of anger on his visor.
"What?"
"In my work. You entered the portal. Why?"
I didn't respond for a second.
"You made a portal to The Corrupt Ages"
"Our researchers are configuring the portal to take someone farther back in time. Take them, to when mankind didn't exist. An age where you were weak, powerless. An age in which we will destroy"
Another long pause.
"You want to destroy mankind before it even existed." I said
"You see, Captain. You change the past, and the present changes along with it. No humans, no Willbuxia"

I struggle to release myself from the chair, but Risu simply chuckles at the sight of this, holding the chair down as it began to tilt over.

"It's fate, Captain. That brought you here. Let's see if fate stays on your side" Risu said, a slam to the head with a mallet.

I wake up to roaring engines, and deafening shots. A dirt floor beneath me. I'm laying on the ground, my arms and legs strapped to rope. Ropes are connected to this massive wolf, beast. Ross, you've created hell. A stadium this is, for racing events. This is a Heretic world. I see crowds cheering in joy, and anger. Mixed emotions fill the stadium.

"Just like Antho-Con" I think to myself.

There in the distance, in the commentator booth, I could see various Furs with microphones over their heads, and in front of them. I looked back at the massive wolf as it looked back at me, and there I saw it's head was completely metal. It's teeth, were foot long sharp blades. Part of it's body had metal cases, and it's tail was made of sharp blades put together. The commentators spoke to crowd as it grew louder, and there three buzzes could be heard across the entire stadium.

A fourth one played, and there the wolf quickly ran at donting speeds. I was wearing nothing but thin clothes at the time, and my entire body was scrapping across the dirt floor. It felt like pins nd needles I was being scrapped across. The crowd shouted louder as the wolf ran across the track, and there was my blood, scrapping across the ground. I could feel myself loose control over my arms and legs as I attempted to escape, but there I saw my robotic arm have the bolts connecting it to my body begin to wear out. One by one the bolts fell, and my robotic arm broke off. I looked back as it lay on the ground in the distance.

I could feel my very bones begin to split in two, and I could feel the pain across my entire body. I held it in as long as I could, but I could feel myself begin to wear out. My mind went dark. It felt like I was dead. I was dead.

I could still hear the screams, get louder and louder. They became more silent as time went on. I didn't know at the time, as my body was being dragged to an incinerator room. Two guard, disposing my body. The room fell empty there, for a moment. Just then, the doors opened, and a squad came rushing in. My allies. My friends. I could hear their worried voices, like a record on repeat.

"Henderson? Henderson! Oh thank goodness we found you!" It was Chloe, but I couldn't see her. It was all darkness.
"Fuckin' hell, his arm is ripped off!" I could hear Jake reply, his voice for the first time, worried.
"Nick, get over here! We need a medic!" Chloe shouted.

Everything went silent after there.

---------------------------------

The massive doors to the throne room were opened by two guards, and in walked a small Pup Fur, wearing his large trench coat stretching down to his knees. Black boots, with a Cowommander hat on his head. He walked inside the throne room as the doors closed behind him. He stood by the entrance, mildly nervous over the sight of the Primagen sitting on the throne. The Pup kneeled down to the Primagen.

"Lord Risu, I bring upon a message for you, m-my Lord." The Pup said, staying on one knee.
"Speak."
"Captain Henderson. He's dead, My Lord. Our men disposed of his body. It's incinerated"
"Do not ever underestimate the Humans, especially the Captain. That man was full of surprises"
"I understand that, but I just came to tell you the news"

That moment, Risu stood up and let out a large sigh.

"The Midwest Furfest is next week, sir. Are you going?" The Pup asked, taking a step back.
"Of course. I hope to see you there as well, Cowommander"
"Y-Yes sir. You will"
"Good."

---------------------------------

My eyes slowly opened. There I could see the large light above me, and find myself laying on a medical bed. I see Chloe, who has me held in a warm embrace as she softly sleeps next to me. I look around, and find several cybernetic augments across my body. I make an attempt to get out, but Chloe stops me. Almost as if she were holding me down.

"No, don't go. Please" She whispers to me, as I don't.
"What happened?"
"A lot. Just rest. I'll stay with you here all day so you won't get lonely"
"Chloe, tell me"
She let out a sigh as she looked up at me. "It was, Risu. He executed you, basically"
I lay silent for a minute.
"The good thing is, Furries think you're dead. Everyone does. Everyone but us"
"We need to stop Risu. I won't stop until I do so" I said as I slowly crawled off the bed and got on my feet, but fell to the ground. As if my legs lost all their strength.

Chloe helped me back up to my feet as she laid me to rest on a chair, carrying me cautiously.

"You've been asleep for three days. Nick said you may not make it considering your injuries. Luckily, you pulled through."
"Three days I've lost. Contact the others. Tell them I'm on my way" I said as I slowly stood up as Chloe helped me, and slowly walked out of the medical room.