Chapter 4 - Technocrat

Location: S.S Henderson

I sat on the corner of the bed as I continued observing the gem. It felt like hours I was looking at it, but it barely was 20 minutes since I've started looking at it. Just then, a knock came at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked

"Can I come in?" A muffled voice said from the other side of the door as I stood up and opened the door. There stood Chloe as I stepped aside and she walked in.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Are you still looking at that gem?" Chloe asked

"There has to be more to it than just a gem. This is a special kind of gem. I can't describe what" I responded

"Any guesses?" Chloe asked me

"Not yet. It did power the Anti-Time Shotgun, so there must be more to this" I replied

Chloe let out a sigh as she looked at the wall, and there was a painting, one depicting a violent war. She stood up as she got closer to the painting, and I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"The Great Willbuxian War. 10,181, the year of the war. It was the biggest war known in human history. The most violent one as well. Over 100 billion soldiers lost their lives in this war, and double the amount faced crippling injuries. Both physical and mental" I explained as we both looked at the painting.

"Who was it against?" Chloe asked

"Willbuxia and Boybuxia. The war lasted two hundred years, and Willbuxia ended up winning the war. It's how I lost my mother" I said as I took my hand off her shoulder.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Aren't the two factions allies?" Chloe asked

"We're GAWO. We agreed not to engage in any sort of war as long as GAWO is in effect. No war has brewed since" I answered as Chloe walked over to a door nearby. I stopped her as I walked through the door first and let her in. She stood in shock as she looked at the various photos on the wall, multiple of which crossed out. A map of the galaxy was right next to these photos.

"Kagemushi... Malice... Ross..." Chloe said as she named the people in the photo's

"These are some of the Furry Empire's highest ranking officials. This isn't even the half of them" I explained.

"Why are they crossed out?" Chloe asked.

"Because they're dead" I replied.

"Who killed them?" Chloe asked as it took me a few seconds to respond.

"Me." I replied as Chloe turned to look at me, standing silent. "Dr. Samuel Conway, codenamed Kagemushi, chairman director of Anthro-Con. I assassinated him while he was making a speech. Malice Risu, brother of 'Risu', who was executed after the Siege of Cryptos. Zillion Ross, codenamed Emperor Ross. Killed in his palace 5 years ago. You were there."

"There's still so many Furs on this wall" Chloe said.

"Which means there's still so much work to do" I replied.

That was when Chloe looked at the photo of Risu on the wall, with a label under it reading 'PRIORITY TARGET'.

"We will kill him, Chloe. I'll kill him." I said as Chloe turned back again to me.

"You can't do this alone." Chloe said.

"I know I can't do this alone. I have to." I replied as I walked out of the room, and again looked at the gem "I know who to go to now."

"Who?" Chloe asked.

"An old friend of mine" I replied.

I entered the meeting room as there inside I saw a tall man standing by the window, and two others sitting down at the table. The man standing by the window was known as Technocrat Rheuton, or just Rheuton, and the two men sitting down were Nihil and Selego. I slowly walked over to the table as they looked at each other, then me.

"Captain Henderson, Captain of the Siege Automatons. We've been hearing of your achievements. It surely shocked us. You killed...Emperor Ross" Rheuton said to me.

"That, and much more. I'm sure such a thing would be a problem for you, so I did it for you" I answered as Selego chuckled.

"A problem? Just watch him get one shotted by a fresh-off-the-assembly-line Automaton. The auto-aim will get him. Never misses, Captain" Selego said.

"That's not why we all came here. Henderson, why did you call us here?" Rheuton asked me.

"I have reason to believe that the Heretics are in possession of Tateron Technology, more like they stole it" I replied.

"That's impossible. If they stole it, then we would have known by now" Rheuton replied.

"Then how do you explain this?" I asked, showing him the gem. Looking at it for a second, Rheuton and the others realized what this was.

"It's a Reloj Crystal" Rheuton said, holding it in his hands.

"A what?" I asked.

"A primitive Tateron gem, only found in an unknown galaxy. Tateron use these gems to power up massive amounts of energy, and to alter time and such. Where did you get this?" Rheuton asked.

"It was in the cartridge of an anti time device, shipped by the Heretics. They're using Tateron Tech, I'm telling you" I said.

"Then why weren't we informed of this, Rheuton?" Selego asked.

"Only if an alarm was tripped, or if the thief was spotted by the security system, none of which must have happened" Rheuton responded.

"Who can be that sly enough to avoid our security defenses?" Nihil asked.

"That, I do not know, but whomever did is capable of extreme power and destruction. This type of technology is now in the wrong hands. We need to take it back" I said.

"We'll look into it, Henderson. In the meantime, you go kill some Heretics or something," Rheuton replied. "I"ll have to speak to security about their defensive measures." Rheuton muttered.

"You help, or you'll be joining the war" I said as I walked out of the room.