❯ eleven

Minho dropped an adequate amount of fish food inside the tank. Gaeul swam around happily, not in the mood to eat yet and Minho smiled, resting his chin on the tabletop to stare at his beloved fish.

He tapped on the fishbowl and sighed.
I'm sorry you have to fast again Gaeul, I'll text Chan from time to time to feed you, hopefully..... He'll be back soon.
Minho was slightly anxious, as he always would whenever Chan suddenly disappears to go on business trips. Back then he used to shake the thought of Chan avoiding him by using that kind of excuse, but Minho wasn't any different, so it made both of them even.

He stood up and looked around the house again, the same as it had the past three years. It has been a while since he spared a moment of thought of what the house meant to him now, back then it was everything he ever dreamed of, the barely furnished house and quiet walls seemed like the beginning of everything he always wanted, but now it just looked depressing and lame.

Minho looked back at the goldfish and smiled, holding on his luggage.
I'll be back in a week, papa loves you.
He waved at the little goldfish and walked out the house.

Hyunjin, you should go in the bus, we'll be leaving soon.
One of the seniors told Hyunjin and he bowed respectfully at her.
No need to be so formal, I'm Eunbi, I guess you could say Minho and I are friends. Are you still nervous? I know it's your first time meeting the other club members, but they're all really nice kids.
Eunbi smiled and Hyunjin rubbed the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed.
Thank you so much, I'm not as nervous as I was when I arrived.... But, um, will it be okay to ask what you meant by you guess you and Minho hyung are friends?

Eunbi chuckled and crossed her arms, her lips curled to the side as she turned her attention back to the younger.
Minho doesn't really like interacting with people, we joined the club at the same time, even spent three years in the same group together but we only started talking a few months ago. I honestly thought he was naturally a snobby person, but that opinion changed when we met one day in a cat cafe and I took the first step to interact with him. Turns out he's different than what I thought, it made me somehow feel special that I'm the only member he talks to just because we both like cats.
She laughed.

Eunbi excused herself to help the other members fill in their luggage and Hyunjin went back to waiting for the older, glancing at the distance to see if he has arrived yet. When he saw a familiar figure walking down the street, Hyunjin's eyes lit up and walked fast paced towards Minho who was surprised to see him.

Hyunjin took the luggage from Minho's hand causing the older to eye him.
I-I'll carry this for you hyung!
He said and Minho laughed.
Well, I could get used to this.
Minho said as he let Hyunjin take his luggage in the bus while he meets with the other seniors who were discussing a few matters before the bus leaves.

It was late in the afternoon when they arrived at the venue, it was quite far off the city and the day specifically had heavy traffic. Hyunjin wasn't able to talk to Minho on the way, nor was he able to talk to him when they arrived because the older was busy. He internally slapped himself when he realized, he wasn't there to spent quality time with Minho, he was there to help the dance troupe regain its title and learn new tricks.

Around five in the evening, they gathered together in the main hall to discuss the dance battle mechanics that will be due at the end of the week. The performance will become a fundraiser for a performing arts school the camp is supporting where they teach kids who can't afford the usual lessons.

The leaders of the five dance troupes attending all stood in front, with Minho standing a questionable distance on the very end of the line. Hyunjin couldn't help but feel impressed, Minho looked the youngest (and smallest) compared to the four choreographers present, but Minho looked just as intimidating.