❯ six

Chan! How could you be so ignorant? Are you trying to kill Gaeul?!
Minho hastily cleansed the fish tank of their shared pet, his hands shaking of panic seeing how sick the poor goldfish was.
Y-you could've taken some time off your day to feed her too! Why—

Well, maybe people get busy with work sometimes. Why do you expect me to tend to our goldfish all the time?
Chan snapped back from the living room, clearly stressed out that he had to finish a song due in a couple of hours, and Minho arrived home only to scold him. The expression on Minho's face couldn't be described as anger alone, he turned his attention back to clean the fish tank, breathing in and out deeply as he was trying to control his anger.

As he finished, he placed Gaeul back at the newly cleansed fish tank, sighing as he saw her still too feeble to swim as she used to. Minho turned his attention back to Chan who was focused on his laptop.
You could've at least fed her once, you stay in the house all the time, surely enough you could've thought if she has eaten yet.
Minho said, still remaining calm.

Why is it on me? You don't go to school anyway. If you weren't out all the time fucking around, and then maybe this wouldn't have happened.
Chan said. Minho felt like he was hit of different unwanted emotions all at once, it was then he couldn't remain his composure anymore.
You....
He gritted his teeth and marched off to the living room to face Chan.

Minho breathed heavily, fists clenched clearly angered. He wanted to say so many things, cuss, and shout all he wanted but he decided it wouldn't be worth it. There was a heavy feeling in his chest, all unsaid words he wanted to say at this moment, slowly he felt them turn into tears now brimming his eyes.

He doesn't want to cry now, not in front of Chan, he'll feel like a sore loser if that happened, he was too prideful for that.

I can't fucking stand you!
Minho grunted and stormed off the house, shutting the door loudly in the process.

Chan sighed, knowing all too well they have been fighting frequently again. He closed his laptop and glanced at the fish tank, seeing the lone goldfish slowly swimming around.
I messed up again, Gaeul.
He told her and slumped back onto the couch, not even bothering to finish his work anymore.

Minho sighed, standing by the beverage aisle of the convenience store. He pulled himself together and took a bottle of beer out the fridge, wanting to get his mind off things.
Minho hyung!
He turned around and saw Hyunjin standing there with a bright smile, the younger looked like he just got off bed, wearing pajamas and an oversized hoodie, his hair tousled slightly.

Hyunjin......
Minho said in a quiet voice at the sudden realization. He closed the door of the beverage fridge, beer now held in one hand.
What are you doing out here this late?
He asked and the younger chuckled, a bit embarrassed.
I was actually already asleep a while back, but then I woke up because I got hungry, we had no ramen left so I came here to buy some, it's not too far off my apartment actually.
Hyunjin pointed outside and Minho nodded.

Jin ramen is the best out of all on the rack, you should head back now.
Minho said and passed by the younger to go to the counter. Hyunjin's eyes lit up and went to grab a supply of Jin ramen from Minho's recommendation.

He rushed to the counter just in time to catch up to Minho and placed his purchases after the older has finished. Minho already made his way out of the convenience store and Hyunjin tapped his foot on the floor, wanting the cashier to speed up the check out so he could catch up again to Minho. 

Hey! Hyung!
Hyunjin ran to catch up to him, Minho not bothering to look back onto him but he kept his pace slow, until Hyunjin now walked beside him.
Aren't you going home? It's really late, o-or if you need a drinking buddy— look! I bought a beer too.
Hyunjin showed the bottle and Minho smirked at him.
Do as you wish, it's not like I can stop you now can't I?
He said, slowly getting used to the younger tailing onto him all the time like a hyperactive puppy.

The dusky breeze blew coldly, that it left an impression of frost on Minho's skin as the wind blew. Winter was coming soon, and the thought left a heavy weight upon Minho's chest. Such happy memories seem to reside on that season, and he wishes to go ice skating again with a certain someone.

He breathed in again, realizing it didn't seem as heavy as he anticipated. He looked beside him, and remembered that Hyunjin was with him, disturbing his lonely presence. Minho wouldn't admit it, but he was thankful Hyunjin didn't try to pry any answers on why he was out so late at night to drink, nor does the younger dare question why he had looked so depressed at this moment.

Maybe it was because they're starting to be more acquainted that Minho is feeling slightly comfortable with the younger. It has been years since he welcomed someone in his life, in terms of being just someone he knew or someone he wants to consider a friend. It was now an odd feeling to him, but the thought shouldn't have bothered him as much as it did now. Maybe because it was Hyunjin he was taking about, or maybe he secretly cared for the younger as well.

It has been like this the past month actually, the same scene, just different time and date. Both of them would walk out the dance studio together, proceed to the train station with most times not sharing a single conversation. At first, it was uncomfortable, it bothered Minho as well to have someone keeping company, and someone he has to keep company.
The awkwardness was quite unbearable to him at that time too, but he had no choice since they were going to the same place, and Minho was told not to be rude to his new student.

Time passed, Minho's starting to ease out a bit more, and he didn't mind now if Hyunjin disrupted his enclosed space.

Minho felt like he has dealt with loneliness to the very limit, that he aches for the presence of someone else he could call home.

= • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • =
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  O71923
I just found out Gaeul means Autumn, in Like We Used To, Minho named their petchild/goldfish "Autumn."

Speaking of Gaeul, look at my bae

How can one be so handsome yet so pretty at the same time????