❯ three

Well then, I didn't expect my student to be late on his first day.
Hyunjin's eyes widened as he saw the dancer again that Saturday in the same dance room. He ran towards him, hands holding the strap of his backpack, eyes still in shock at what the older said.
Yo-you're the dance instructor here?
Hyunjin asked with sparkling eyes and the older chuckled.

No, but the dance troupe is encouraging all members to join the street dance competition next month, the director asked the older members to mentor and teach the choreography to the newer members so we could focus on group practices in a few weeks. I wasn't interested in teaching juniors, but Harley mentioned you were quite interested in my dance, so I decided to take you under my wing.
He explained.

Harley? Wait.... She's the....
Hyunjin's face darkened but the older just laughed it off.
Yes, she's the one at the front desk. Well, we never actually spoke to each other, but the other day she told me about you before I left practice.
The younger smacked his forehead, Harley was definitely using him for her amusement, he wonders if she was like that with all the members.
Why? Did she say anything bad about me?
The older crossed his arms and Hyunjin pursed his lips.
Well, she warned me about you, like how you're odd and she said you never really get along with the other dance members.

Rumors are just as they are, rumors, I can't judge on how people perceive me. However, don't expect much if I'm not all that interested in being acquainted with you other than being your dance mentor.
He said.

How cold of him. Hyunjin thought, he wondered if his face was showing the disappointment he felt. Just last week they had a warm conversation, and just now the older was speaking to him in a friendly way, but the last sentence turned to a bitter tone. Maybe it was wrong of him to perceive his dance mentor as someone he could call as a friend or an older brother, besides, he can't blame people for their differences and choice to be acquainted with someone.

Hyunjin wondered to himself, maybe he just wasn't up to the older's standard. He wouldn't be surprised, until now he wondered if Ryujin ever got tired of his boring personality and social life. Or maybe his dance mentor was just eager to lock people out his life.

Either way, Hyunjin shouldn't care for that if that's how things should be. He didn't know anything about this guy, he was being too gullible again to believe he was this person he imagined him to be.

I'm Minho, I guess I'll allow you to call me "hyung." It's Hyunjin, right?
Hyunjin's train of thoughts were cut off by the older calling out to him as he was adjusting the speakers.
U-uh yes, you can just call me Hyunjin.

Both of them stood in the middle of the studio, and Hyunjin noticed how piercing the older's eyes were as he was staring at Hyunjin's reflection in the mirror. Minho was deep in thought, he was staring solely on the younger's reflection, but those eyes made Hyunjin feel a bit self conscious the longer time passed.
Stand up and show me what you've got.
Minho said, and Hyunjin looked at him in slight panic.
Uh—

Dance for me, I should evaluate you first. The older members of the group aren't as friendly as I am.
Minho said sarcastically with a slight smirk, Hyunjin huff out a breath yet he nodded, he could try to show off his dance moves as well. Maybe Minho will think differently of him. Yeah he wasn't cool like Minho or anything but he knows he can sure dance. 

Hyunjin got in the middle and felt his heart race faster, he breathed in, it was just Minho watching him, he could do this. He started to dance the choreography he just finished, with Minho leaning back against the wall as he watched, eyes staring intensely at the younger.
Hyunjin found himself moving quite carefree, not a single hesitation were in his steps which was a first time for him. He thought having his dance mentor as an audience would heighten his current anxiety, but things felt different than before. Was it because he was under Minho's presence?

Hyunjin finished, trying to hide how hard he was panting as Minho was still observing him. Hyunjin stared at him with lips agape, eyes desperate to hear a comment from his senior.
You're not as terrible as expected.

At least give me a compliment!
Hyunjin protested, Minho gave him a silly smile.
That was a compliment.

I want to hear a different compliment.
Hyunjin huffed and Minho smirked.
You looked hot.
He giggled leaving Hyunjin speechless.

A few hours later, Minho was left alone in the studio as Hyunjin left earlier on. Whilst packing his bag, he sighed, realizing he can't stay here any longer for the studio had its curfew use. To be very honest, he wondered if the director could allow 24 hour usage of the studio, but he doubts it. He was just making excuses because he didn't want to go home.

He stood up and left, passing by Harley zoning off on the front desk.
Seriously, no one is supposed to be here at this hour, I could've been at home by now watching Netflix but here you are squeezing every last bit of work time.
She huffed and Minho rolled his eyes.
You're not dozing off work as long as I'm here.

You met Hyunjin today right? That kid's quite interesting, I'm glad he was able to pull out a bit of care from you. Take care of him well, I heard his girlfriend is a scholar dancer of their university and the director wants to make a good impression on him so he could ask her to join. Even if you fake being nice for all I care, we're trying to save the dance troupe by winning the street dance competition.
Harley said as Minho was about to exit the studio.
That's none of my concern.
He said as he left. 

= • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • =
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝙾𝟷𝟹𝟸𝙾
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙: O71O23

I was supposed to upload this book yesterday but um I started the new event in Genshin and I could not let myself sleep or do anything until I get Kaeya in his new bbg skin

Took four hours but I didn't regret anything, I'd do anything for that sussy pixel man