❯ one

It has been two weeks since Hyunjin moved to the city to start college. The past few weeks prior was quite hectic, and Hyunjin hasn't had the time for himself in a long while. At the very least, he just finished classes that Friday night, on a look out for a dance studio to start working on a choreography he held off for a month, and probably join a dance group along the way.
He placed his headphones on, walking in the busy city, constantly looking back and forth between the road and phone as he navigated to find the nearby dance studio he found online. 

He found himself on a small stall beside an alleyway, but fair enough it said "dance studio" on the sign. Hyunjin didn't really care, it was cheap and he had to save money if he wanted to survive college.

He opened the door and the bell chimed, the girl on the counter looking at his direction with a smirk. She had her hair up in two pigtails, a lipring, and dance attire on, but it didn't seem like she was going to dance.
What brings a cutie like yourself here at this hour?
She asked with a small teasing smile, hardly enough, Hyunjin was quite used to this manner acted towards him. He does look quite gullible sometimes that strangers and even his friends often confront him in a teasing way. Does making him flustered a sort of amusement for them? Hyunjin could never understand.
Uhhhh.... I just need to rent a studio for a while.

❝ That'll be 4,000 won per hour. Dance members of this studio get a discount, join us, I'd love to see you here more pretty boy.
She winked and he nodded, his face clearly showing how panicked he was. 
S-sorry but I have a girlfriend, so please stop making me uncomfortable.
She laughed and Hyunjin started to get anxious if he said something wrong.
Well, you're handsome so I'm not surprised if you're already in a relationship. Sorry about that, I was just teasing you.
Hyunjin bowed to her and left to the studio area in a hurry.

Hyunjin walked around until he found an empty solo studio, the size was okay and the mirrors were a bit foggy but nonetheless he decided to work with what he's got. He started to play some music to start warming up and stretch, then after, Hyunjin took off his outerwear leaving him just in a graphic black tee-shirt and gray sweatpants. Hyunjin swore to finish this choreography which he's been working on for— actually nothing in particular, just his personal reasons. Dancing was Hyunjin's only stress reliever and outlet from school.

His parents never let him join any dance clubs in the past, but since Hyunjin was now a college student and a legal adult living on his own, he might as well try it out finally.
The only thing stopping him was the amount of time and work he has to cram if he joins, he barely has enough time to finish his works in school and get through the works in his clubs, plus the worker there gave him the creeps so he still wasn't fond of the idea of joining this particular dance group.

He finished fifteen minutes before his hour time limit to use the studio and he panted, leaning back onto the wall of the room to sit down and catch his breath.
He huffed and stood up, placing a towel over his neck and proceeded to change into a dry shirt.

He left the studio with his bag in hand when he heard faint music playing from one of the other studios. He heard some of the dance troupe members often practice at this hour, Hyunjin doesn't mean to eavesdrop but it's a waste of opportunity to learn new moves if he lets this slide. 

He glanced at the studio where he saw another guy warming up and decided to check him out. The moment Hyunjin peaked through the window he was enthralled, deeply enthralled, he didn't dare blink to miss a single second. The way he moves, the way his hair bounced and the way sweat beaded across his neck and honey complexion was a complete intoxication.

Hyunjin had to hold in a breath, as if he was being seduced by the dancer's moves alone. The way he danced was clean, effortless, fluid not like water but like wine, slowly drowning Hyunjin in euphoric feelings till he's drunk of the sight he's watching.

Hyunjin's mouth was still agape, eyes glued 'til the dancer glanced at Hyunjin's direction and he stopped. Hyunjin gulped, stopping in his tracks seeing those sharp and mysterious eyes. The moment Hyunjin caught his gaze, everything fell into an abrupt stop.

Hyunjin panicked and quickly looked away to get out of there when he heard the studio door open up.
Hey, stop.
He called out to Hyunjin in a slightly harsh tone making the tall male flinch. Hyunjin slowly turned towards his direction and saw probably the most handsome boy he'd seen. Wet and slightly curly brown hair that was visibly messy, warm and honey-like skin glimmering due to sweat, peachy lips, long eyelashes and eyes full of mystery and mischief.

Hyunjin blinked, awkward, not knowing what to say after he was caught watching the other dance.

I don't like it when someone eavesdrop on me while I dance....
He said in a low voice. Hyunjin didn't notice him walking closer towards him 'til the guy whispered on his ear. 
But I'll forgive you 'cause you're cute.
He smiled, a little too mischievous despite his sweet tone, Hyunjin stared at his eyes trying to see something behind them but the other just turned away, slinging his bag on his shoulder and winking at Hyunjin before leaving the studio.
"This dance troupe is filled with weirdos."
Hyunjin thought to himself. 

Oh, did you meet him? he's an odd one, he doesn't really get along with the other dance members.
The girl at the front desk rolled her eyes.
But....
She placed her hands on her cheeks, looking at the direction the boy left with dreamy eyes.
I do admit he's quite irresistible.

I want to join the dance club.
Hyunjin blurted out, she looked at him with a raised brow and tapped her pen on the counter.
Why change your mind so suddenly? If you're hoping to learn from him, well, I can't say you'll succeed. Not even our dance mentor knows anything about him.

Hyunjin shook his head.
No it's not that, my girlfriend is also a dancer and she's also looking for a club. I want to make sure she's going to be okay here before she joins.
Hyunjin half lied, half said the truth. She shrugged, pulling out some papers and arranging them.
You're handsome, but pulling the "I have a girlfriend" card on me isn't going to work.
She said and gave Hyunjin the papers to fill up.
I-I really have a girlfriend, and I love her so much, so please um, stop flirting with me.
He pulled out his phone and showed her pictures of him and Ryujin.

She sighed and watched Hyunjin fill up the papers.
She's too pretty, alright alright I'll stop chasing you now. Maybe I'll just get that guy from earlier then.
She took the papers from Hyunjin.
❝ Your practice will start next week Saturday, if you have any questions just dm our studio's Instagram or whatever.

= • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • =

𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝙾𝟷𝟸𝟸𝙾
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙: O71O23
Honestly pretty boring for the first chapter, I almost didn't change anything here ehe

Also her name is now officially Harley bc Harley :D