❯ four

After their next session, the two walked out the studio and made their way downtown towards the train station, both had each of their hands shoved in their autumn coats and the other holding the strap of their bags. Minho's coat was a little too thin and the temperature was getting chillier, he exhaled a cold breath and shuddered to himself a bit. Upon noticing, Hyunjin let him borrow his beanie and scarf since his coat was already thick and warm.

While walking, Minho pulled a box of cigarettes and a lighter from his pocket to light one. Blowing out the smoke after, Hyunjin noticed the look of ease on the older's face after that but it still left him in a state of curiosity over him.
You smoke?
He asked and Minho looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

The older sighed and blew another cloud of smoke.
I also sometimes do drugs and drink every weekend till I'm wasted. Have one night stands every other week, stopped going to school.... I'm not as admirable as you seem to think of me. There, you can judge me now. I'm used to it.
Hyunjin just looked at him for a while before chuckling to himself, he smiled down at Minho who kept himself busy with the cigarette.
I don't have the right to judge you, and I won't because that's you and it makes you happy. Not sure about your health though.
He said warmly that it made Minho realize how he was holding his breath, waiting for Hyunjin's reaction or reply.

Hyunjin heard a buzz from his phone and smiled when he saw Ryujin sending a text to him, he replied instantly and was about to turn off his phone and place it in his pocket when Minho caught a glimpse of his lock screen which was his first date with Ryujin.
Harley told me about your girlfriend, you've seem to struck gold, she's pretty.
He complemented. Hyunjin blushed, nodding his head.

How about you hyung? Are you in a relationship with anyone?
Hyunjin asked, trying to get to know the older better. It wasn't debatable how attractive Minho was, and he was a great dancer for sure. Hyunjin thought he must be popular at school and must've had a lot of people confessing to him.

Minho's face fell a little and a frown made its way on his lips. Nonetheless he just smiled, but Hyunjin could see a hint of sadness and resentment in his eyes.
Not exactly.

Not exactly?
Wait, w-what do you mean?
Minho inhaled before those sharp and cold eyes returned and he blew a cloud of smoke from his lips.
We don't have to get into each other's personal space Hyunjin. I'm only your dance mentor, and you're my student, after all.

They got on the train in heavy silence, but they didn't want to mind it being that they were exhausted the whole day. Hyunjin regretted saying anything, he thought he was ruining his relationship with Minho before they could progress. They got off the train to their stop before they parted, Minho turned around and looked at Hyunjin who was staring at him leave a few moments before, that playful smile now onto Minho's lips again, his eyes piercing through Hyunjin's soul.
"This wall between us, stays."
Seems to be what Minho was telling him.

Hyunjin watched as Minho turned around and walked his way out the station, his words still etching itself in the back of Hyunjin's mind.

"How about you hyung? Are you in a relationship with anyone?"

"Not exactly."

What does he mean "not exactly"?
Hyunjin muttered to himself. Wondering if it was the reason Minho is the person he is.

Minho sighed deeply of relief as he got in his apartment, he took off his shoes and threw them somewhere. He was so tired he could barely keep his eyes awake, luckily Hyunjin was there to keep him company.

He was just taking off his coat when he heard someone call out to him from the couch, a random show barely heard, and the TV was the only light in the house that late at night.
You're home, Minho.

Minho sighed before throwing his coat aside and grabbing his bag.
I'm tired Chan, I'll be going to bed.

= • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • = • =
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 :  𝟷𝙾𝟷𝟹𝟸𝙾
𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙: 7O1O23
I might need to rewrite Like We Used To after this