❯ thirteen

Minho hyung! Minho hyung!
Hyunjin kept calling out, going deeper in the desolated country road. The night was dark and howls could be heard, he wouldn't admit it, but he was scared off his wits. He stopped and inhaled.
YA! LEE MINHO!

Hyunjin heard faint yelling as well in the distance, he continued to trudge his path and followed the voice that sounded familiar to Minho's.
Soorim-ah! Soorim-ah! Hyung is here! Are you okay!? Soorim-ah!
His voice was slightly hoarse, probably from calling out Soorim for hours.

Hyung?
Hyunjin finally found him, Minho turned to look at the younger and the scene made Hyunjin heart break a little. It was the first time he saw Minho desperate and worried, he reckoned that any moment now, the older might start crying.
H-have you found him?
Minho asked, starting to regain his composure in front of Hyunjin but he still sounded anxious. Hyunjin shook his head and walked closer to him.
Don't worry, I'll help you find him.

They walked together, Minho still restless but starting to calm down a little now that Hyunjin accompanied him. A few moments later, a buzz was heard from Minho's phone and he looked at the text message from one of the seniors who found Soorim. He sighed of relief and knelt to the ground to sit and rest.
You okay hyung?
Minho nodded, slightly panting from exhaustion.
Yeah, they found him, I'm relieved.
Minho was struggling to breathe in between words, he didn't realize how long he was holding his breath the whole time.

Hyunjin sat down beside him just before Minho could stand back up.
Rest for a little while, we can go back whenever you feel better.
He said and Minho nodded, sitting back down again. On a usual case, he would've gone back as soon as he heard the news, but his body was really giving in and Hyunjin already held on his forearm to stop him from standing up.
Hyunjin can I.....
Minho started, hesitating to ask.

Can I rest on your shoulder for a bit?
Minho asked and Hyunjin felt his heart race, blush now creeping up his cheeks realizing what Minho is asking of him. Hyunjin nodded and Minho's head instantly plopped on his chest, eyes droopy and body slumped. Hyunjin didn't know what to do with his hands and arms, but the way Minho was breathing heavily and his weak frame against his body made him feel worried. A bit hesitantly, he embraced Minho's frail figure and his tensed body started to soften, melting as if it was made to fit Minho in his arms like a perfect puzzle piece.

He got a bit too carried away, because it only lasted less than three minutes after Minho stood up abruptly when Hyunjin rested his chin on his head.
Thanks... I'm good now, we should go back.
Minho said and Hyunjin stood up from the ground, a bit disappointed at himself for making Minho uncomfortable.
"I shouldn't have done that."
He wanted to slap himself for doing such thing.

When they returned, Soorim was sitting on a folding bed, his leg braced after he fell from a wall. The young teenage boy saw Minho and started crying, he kept apologizing and calling out Minho's name as if he was still seeking for help.
Hyunjin excused himself with the others as the boy is only comfortable with telling Minho what happen when he disappeared.

He sat outside the usual spot where they would meet, under the smoking area sign. Hyunjin held two hot mugs of hot chocolate, waiting for Minho to come out the clinic room just in case. It was past two am and he was quite worried after Minho looked so feeble when he collapsed in his arms.

As expected, Minho went out to smoke for a bit, trying to relieve his stress and anxiety. He sighed when he spotted Hyunjin, nonetheless, he took a seat beside the younger.
You should have rested, it's the last day of camp tomorrow and you must be tired from the competition.
Minho said, taking out a cigarette from the box. He was about to light it when Hyunjin took it off his mouth and threw it away.
Hey—