s e v e n t e e n

"Your attention, please. This is a great day for all of us." Dumbledore spoke. More like good day for himself and everyone watching. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud roar from one of the  dragons. All the champions eyes widened. We all froze up but just continued whatever it was that we were doing.

"Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger." Dumbledore explained. Yeah no kidding. I didn't even sign up for this. "Please keep your seats." Dumbledore continued and I just tried to zone him out, he was already making me more nervous.

I nervously sat on my bed, contemplating my strategy. Was this really gonna work? What if Weasley just set me up for failure?

I looked at Potter, all he did was glare at me. I just glared back. 

Pathetic Potter. Hopefully he gets swallowed by whatever dragon he gets.

Suddenly Hermione jumped into the tent. Leaping onto Hermione's arms. Rita Skeeter's camera created a huge flash as she took a picture.

"Young love." Rita spoke with a hand over her heart. She gasped while clapping her hands together, "How...hmm...stirring. If everything goes unfortunately today, you two might even make the front page." Rita told Harry and Hermione.

I snorted while trying to stifle my laugh. The thought of the front page being Potter getting killed by a dragon shouldn't be funny to me, but it is.

Suddenly she turned to me. "You!" She spoke amazed. I mentally groaned knowing that everything I said was going to be twisted one way or another. I looked at her.

The camera suddenly flashed in my face. "Merlin..." I spoke rubbing my eyes. "I've seen you making googling eyes at that Malfoy, you two would certainly have adorable children. With your blonde hair-" Rita began going on. 

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT'S INSULTING!" I spoke offended while standing up. I pushed her and shoved the camera out of my face walking out to get fresh air.

៚ ⋯⋯⋯ ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ༄

"Good day, champions. Gather around please. Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last, the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate." Dumbledore explained. Until he noticed Granger. "What are you doing here, Miss Granger?" Dumbledore asked her.

"Oh, um.. Sorry, I'll just go." Hermione nervously stuttered.

"Barty, the bag." Dumbledore asked as he stepped aside to allow Barty to explain the rules further.

"Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour, over here. Mr. Krum. And, uh, Potter, Mr. Potter, over here. Diggory and Grindelwald, you two are fine. That's right." Barty said while organizing us.

"Miss Delacour, if you will." Barty spoke while holding the bag open for her to pick. Steam and hissing came out of the bag as she carefully reached in. "The Welsh Green." Barty informed her. The cute little dragon growled at her.

"Mr. Krum." Barty said. Krum quickly pulled out a dragon while Karkaroff just stared intently. "The Chinese Fireball. Ooh." Barty spoke while getting in Krum's face.

Barty then turned to Cedric. Cedric quickly pulled one out, maintaining his brave face. "The Swedish Short-Snout." Barty told him. 

Then he looked at Harry. "Potter." Barty told him. "The Horntail." Potter whispered. "What's that, boy?" Barty asked. "Nothing." Harry quickly answered. Harry grunted as he reached in to grab his dragon. The dragon biting him as he grabbed it. "The Hungarian Horntail." Barty finally said.

"Which leaves.." Barty spoke while looking at me. I sighed and took a deep breath. I quickly reached my hand in, and allowed for the dragon to climb out using my hand. Once it came out it revealed...

"The Ukranian Ironbelly." Barty told me. I smiled to cover my nervousness and fear. 

The Ukranian Ironbelly was the largest dragon out of all of them and most dangerous overall. Rita and Dumbledore gave me and Harry sympathetic looks, knowing we got the worst dragons.

"These represent four very real dragons each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple... collect the egg." Barty told us.

"If so simple why don't you give us a demonstration. Easier said than done." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Barty turned to me. 

"Nothing sir." I responded.

He gave me a light glare but continued nonetheless. "This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" Barty finished. We all silently pondered about each of our dragons.

"Very well. Good luck, champions." Dumbledore told us all. "Mr. Diggory, at the sound of the cannon, you may-" Dumbledore was beginning but was abruptly interrupted by the sound of the cannon.

Rita shrieked loudly and the whole crowd began cheering. Cedric nervously prepared himself to battle his dragon.

I sat alone in the dark tent, everyone had went and it was just me. I was next. I started to hyperventilate. What if everything went wrong? 

"Your fine, relax. You have a plan stick to it." A voice in my head told me. I nodded.

That's when I heard it.

"Four of our champions have now faced their dragons, and so each of them will proceed to the next task. And now, our fifth and final contestant." Dumbledore announced loudly to everyone.

Holy shit. I am going to die.

I heard the whole crowd chanting 'Grindelwald' but that didn't help ease my nerves in the slightest. I stood at the entrance watching the crowd cheer for me.

Suddenly, it all went silent. I looked around for the large dragon, I couldn't see it. Ironbellies are huge, how can I miss it? I took a step forward and once I did so, I felt it.

A stone hard tail smacked me sending me flying into a rock and rolling down. "What the fuck?" I spoke trying to catch my breath.

I hid behind a rock and whipped out my wand. I waved my wand and muttered a spell, a noise shot out of my wand. Immedietley when hearing it the dragon began roaring at me.

Was this really not going to work? 

I made it louder and the dragon began cowarding, I walked up to the golden egg and it sent flames my way, causing my cloak to catch on fire. I muttered a quick water spell to put it out but once the sound stopped the dragon got up again. 

It's red eyes staring angrily at me. It shot fire at me and I quickly muttered a powerful protecting spell. It shielded me and I quickly ran behind a rock.

I played the sound again from my wand making it coward again. Once I backed it up, I put a powerful fire charm surrounding it. The flame then turned blue. 

Anything that touched it, was disintegrated. I ran up to the egg got it and ran off. 

A/N: I don't really know how to battle a dragon, so I hope this made sense lol.