f o u r t e e n

"I'm going to head to bed, goodnight Y/n. Beware of the nargles." Luna spoke before she drifted of to sleep. 

I laid in bed tossing a ball around, bored. I went down stairs and decided I would read a book from our mini library till I got tired. 

As I walked downstairs I found the Daily Prophet lying around. I'm not the type to read this junk but I just wanted to make sure my dad wasn't mentioned.

The newspaper read:

Teenage Tragedy:

Y/n Grindelwald and Harry Potter

and the Triwizard Cup

Will They Survive?

"Y/n Grindelwald and Harry Potter, age 12 suspect entrants in the Triwizard Tournament. Their eyes swimming with the abandonment trauma of their past, and choking back tears-" was all I read before I threw the newspaper into the fire.

I scoffed and went to the mini library. As my fingers traced the spines of the books I decided which I would read. I ended up just deciding on the book, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' by Newt Scammander.

I found a comfy spot on one of the couches near the fire and opened the book. Only the sound of the fire crackling could be hears. The yellow/orange light adding a feeling of warmth to the room.

I was a quarter way into the book when the fire began to make a different noise. I placed my book down and gripped my wand tightly.

The fire turned from orange/yellow into a nice royal blue. I watched it amazed. My eyes widening and my mouth forming an O shape.

"What the..." I whispered while kneeling by the fire. 

"Y/n..." The fire called my name. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Yeah...?" I asked the fire, not expecting an answer.

"I will return, my dear. You have grown to be an excellent witch. I am so proud. I will be back. Dad will find you. No matter what. Whatever it takes. But we will be reunited, and stronger than ever." The fire spoke before turning back to its orange/yellow color.

"Dad?!" I asked wanting to continue hearing his voice. The comfort that washed over me as he began speaking.

"Dad!" I spoke trying to figure how to bring him back. 

Just like that the comfort feeling went away. 

"Keep talking to me... I miss you." I spoke, one singular tear escaping my eye. I sat there in a ball, hugging my knees. Silently crying.

"Please, come back." I whispered. "I feel so lonely. Mom hates me." I spoke into the fire hoping my pleads would eventually cause him to come back. 

I sat there for an hour waiting to see if he would come back. 

I was so focused on the fire that I didn't notice someone walking down the stairs and walking towards me. It wasn't till they sat next to me on the floor that I finally looked to see who it was.

Michael Corner.

He gave me a small smile and I tried to smile but ended up bursting into tears. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hugged me. I cried into his shoulder. Once my crying calmed down I separated myself away from him.

"Your obviously not okay, so I'm not going to ask, and I know you may not want to tell me but-"

"It's my dad." I spoke interrupting him. He gave me this sorrowful look.

"Listen, about what I said, I'm so sorry. I-I never meant to hurt you, your my best friend and I-"

"I forgive you. What you said isn't forgettable but it's alright. Kind of missed my partner in crime." I spoke nudging his shoulder. He laughed softly and nodded, "Me too."

"So what happened?" He asked. I turned and faced him.

"Listen, I know this will sound crazy but-"

"Sounds like the usual go on." He spoke. I gave him a look and he raised his hands surrendering. 

"The fire turned blue and it began talking to me, it was my dad. He said he's coming back!" I spoke excitedly. 

"Wow..." He spoke trying to process what I said. 

"Crazy, I know BUT it's the truth!" I exclaimed. He nodded believing me. 

That night we talked and caught up with one another. Talking about how miserable the past days have been without one another.

A/N: Hey guys! I've been more active lately!! *hair flip* 

lol sorry chapters have been short lately, I'll try and make them longer!