CHAPTER ONE

**************

[FEBRUARY 2022]

"Are you certain about your decision, Haein ah?"

He asked himself that more than ten (10) times per day in the past week. Was he really doing the right thing? Or was he just scared? He thought as he looked down on his feet.

He then took a deep breath, touched the ring on his finger before looking up and flashing a smile.

"Of course, I am, but...." he answered that truthfully and from his heart as he knew that the only way for him to be with his wife and build a family is by abdicating the throne, though it does come with consequences.

Eyes were one him when he stopped. "But?"

He thought about everything from what he could do after his duty was over as the crowned prince and being the husband of his wife, Jisoo. But what slipped his mind is what his younger brother's reaction to it.

Although he knew that Jaehyun would understand his decision, especially with them being close ever since they were kids. But a question still ponders his mind, would his younger brother willingly accept to be the crowned prince and the responsibilities that come with it when he is the one that's being prepared ever since.

It was his wish for his birthday and he had dreamt of a life with his wife.

"You said that I could ask or wish for anything for my birthday, and that is my wish." He added as he smiled.

"I am sure of my decision, your Highness. And I am sure that Jaehyun would be the perfect Crowned Prince." He smiled as the elders look at him before nodding their heads in agreement.

[BREAKING NEWS] APRIL 2022

It was revealed by royal insiders that the Crowned Prince Haein has decided long and hard to abdicate the throne to focus on his family. The Crowned Prince held a conference and explained the situation. He also revealed that he and the royal family have thought long and hard before making a decision.

The news was released at 8:00 in the evening when the royal family was having dinner with everyone, well except Jaehyun who was still absent.

"Hyung, is it true?" Jaehyun walked into the dining room in a hurry. He didn't know anything about it, not until he watched the news the following day.

Haein placed his utensils down and smiled at his little brother. Though they have a nine (9) year age gap, they treat each other as best friends. He motioned for him to sit down and eat.

"I've been training for that my whole life, Jaehyun ah. But now that I grow older and realize more things in life. I now want to pursue my passion into producing movies." He explained as Jaehyun looked at him. "Plus, compared to me, I know you would be a much more fitting ruler. You are smart and you know what to do in the right time." He added as he nudged his shoulder.

"But...-"

"What do you mean by that?" Shocked was an understatement in that point for Jaehyun. He just couldn't believe it. "Haein hyung is going to step down from being the crowned prince?" He had to ask again as he shook his head and thought that they were just messing with him.

"We are not joking, Jaehyun-ah." The Queen told him as they were sitted in the family room of the palace.

"Isn't it just unfair to me and to you hyung?" He wanted to continue but then he realized he couldn't do anything about it even if he argues with his mother, the Queen.

"Don't worry about me, besides that. I will help you along the way so you won't get lost. I'll still be your brother, just without the title of the Crowned Prince." Haein smiled as Jaehyun took a deep breath and nods his head.