CHAPTER FIFTEEN

**************

"We're so happy for your engagement, Your Highness, Miss Naeun."

"We can't wait for the wedding day to come."

Naeun couldn't count how many guests they had greeted and how many times they had received wishes from them. One thing for sure, Naeun couldn't wait until the end of the day when she could finally lay her back on her comfortable bed. Jaehyun beside her would ask her once or twice if she would like some time to rest for a while, but Naeun would prefer to continue greeting each one of the guests.

They were at the royal palace main hall, where all of the invited guests were gathered inside. The guest list was quite similar with the one they had for the Christmas eve party. However, the older monarchs decided to cut down some names so they could make the party more intimate.

"Jaehyun-sshi, can we see my mother for a moment? I want to check on her." Naeun asked Jaehyun as she softly tapped the man on his shoulder. And Jaehyun gladly followed her.

Lee Ji-ah, Dohyun and Taeyong were standing at one of the corners of the main hall, the three of them were enjoying some refreshments that were served. Naeun could see how happy her mother was as she caught the newly engaged couple were approaching her.

"My daughter!" She exclaimed as she threw her hands around Naeun, giving her a motherly hug. "How is everything going? Have you greeted all the guests?"

"I think we still have some guests we haven't met yet, right, Jaehyun sshi?"

"That's right." Jaehyun agreed after he gave her mother a polite bow. "We almost reach the end of the party but we still have enough time, though." Jaehyun placed his hand on Naeun's back, supporting her.

That small gesture from Jaehyun could still drive her crazy. Jaehyun couldn't see it but she was pursing her lips together, trying hard not to expose her shyness.

"Dohyun, could you please get me some sweets?" Lee Ji-ah tapped on her son's shoulder, and her oldest son happily obliged.

As Dohyun left and Taeyong was god-knows-where again, Lee Ji-ah threw a glance at the young couple in front of her. They both looked beautiful. She always knew that her daughter was pretty, but that day, Lee Naeun looked magnificent. She almost looked like a perfect princess.

"You two look amazing today. I really can't wait for the wedding day." She exclaimed, followed by a hearty laugh.

"Ah, Mother..." Naeun furrowed her eyebrows and waved her hands. A slight blush was visible on her cheeks.

"We will do our best to prepare the wedding, Mrs. Lee." Jaehyun smiled, "I hope you are enjoying the engagement party today. Naeun had done a lot of things preparing the party. She even curated the scores that were played by the orchestra today."

"She did?" Lee Ji-ah's eyes rounded. "Oh, I'm so happy today. This party is perfect. And you both have outdone yourselves!"

"Jaehyun-sshi did way more than me, Mother. I couldn't have done it without him."

The three of them chatted for a while. Once or twice, Lee Ji-ah would leave out a hearty laugh as she was showing her happiness that evening. Naeun had never seen her being that happy. She looked glowing.

Naeun was lost in her thoughts as she was watching her mother. She didn't realize that in her peripheral view, the Crown Prince's right hand man was approaching them. He gave the three of them a polite bow, before pulling the Crown Prince away slightly with him.