CHAPTER SEVEN

*************************

Date: December 24, 2022

Time: 6:00 AM (KST)

Just like the usual times, Naeun woke up as soon as her alarm hit 6 AM, just like how she turned it on yesterday. Ever since she started learning about the Royal family and her engagement with the Crown Prince, her body seemed to get the idea. She got Secretary Park's message last night, that she should pack her suitcase and prepare for the party together with the royal family for Christmas. Good thing though since the news was published yesterday, she had a gut feeling that she need to go to the Royal Palace early because the press can cause a disaster if they found out where she and her family lives.

After she got ready, she saw the middle-aged man with a crisp black suit was sipping his tea calmly in the morning when she appeared.

"Good morning, Secretary Park."

"Miss Naeun!" the man exclaimed, before standing up to his feet after putting back his cup on the table. "Ready to go, Miss?" He asked as Naeun gave him a smile. Secretary Park grabbed Naeun's suitcase and before they could leave, Dohyun handed a box to him.

"You should try these, Secretary Park. They are homemade sweets by our mother. She also asked us to pass her apologies as she needed to be at work today." Dohyun explained and winked at his little sister which was replied with a death stare, "We also made some for you and your team! Hope you enjoy them!"

Secretary Park gratefully received the boxes from Dohyun's hands with a big smile. He then passed it to his team members who were standing behind his sofa, "Thank you so much, Mr. Lee and please extend my gratitude to the rest."

After bidding her goodbye to her older brother Dohyun and Taeyong who was half awake, Naeun walked out of their house with her head down, face covered with a mask and head covered with a cap.

Secretary Park was right. What would happen if they go out later that day? Good thing it was only 6 in the morning, no people would surround their house.

They have left the place in a peaceful manner, giving Naeun time to relax as she was brought to the usual guest room she stayed in the Main Palace. Secretary Park informed her that Jieun would arrive at 1 PM. She looked at her watch and saw it was only half past seven in the morning, so Secretary Park advised her to take a nap and Chaerin would wake her up if the stylists arrive.

And sleep, she did. She didn't know why but suddenly she felt sleepy all over again. Just a few moments later, a knock was heard and she woke up. She first made herself presentable before opening the door, which revealed Chaerin, Jieun, and her stylist assistants. As usual, she and her team got several styles and looks ready as options for Naeun to choose from.

"Today, you will make your first formal appearance to the ministries and important stakeholders of the royal family," She calmly spoke while brushing Naeun's hair. "I had discussed with the public relations team too and it is really important for you to appear proper—no. I have to make you stand out today. In a good way. Beautifully, and gracefully."

She then picked up a brush, chose a darker color to sharpen the corner of Naeun's eyes. "And it is important to maintain your original look. You'll have the image of natural beauty, innocence, and angelic look." She added while moving away to focus on her eyelashes.

Naeun who was seated in front of the big mirror while having Jieun getting her make up done could only smile.

"Okaaayyyy." Jieun moved her hand away and held Naeun's shoulders. "All done, open your eyes."