CHAPTER NINE

***********************

And so, the tour in the Crown Prince's mansion. "You previously waited for me at the lobby's living room but we actually have another one that we always use to spend free times, entertain guests, basically anything a house owner would do at its living room." The Crown Prince explained as he entered the very first room on their right when they were walking through the first floor's hallways. "The Crown Prince's mansion barely had guests visiting, though. Only on a special occasions if they need to meet and discuss with me personally. Or else, we would just meet them at the main palace."

Naeun looked around the vast room, admiring the view. They had some couches inside and there was also the big fireplace on the wall. When Naeun turned on one of the corners, there was a white grand piano close to the window. Almost every room in the mansion had a lot of windows, making sure each of them have enough natural sunlight coming in the room. The living room was covered in golden lights of the chandeliers hanging up from above.

"Do you play any musical instruments, Jaehyun-sshi?"

Jaehyun noticed that she caught the sight of the grand piano inside the room. He quickly clarified, "I can play the piano and guitar. But, I'm not that good."

Naeun looked at him and grinned, "You're being humble."

Jaehyun replied with a soft chuckle, "Really. If you ask me to play now, I'd request to play it later because I need practice, my head needs to refresh its memory."

"Ah..." Naeun strolled around the living room while nodding to his explanations.

"Do you want to play?" Jaehyun asked her making Naeun look at him. "We still have much time to explore the mansion. I want to make sure that you're enjoying your time. If you want to play the piano, you're more than welcome."

"If you insist...I'll play a song then." Naeun smiled as she walked to the piano seat slowly before facing down to its keys and sitting down. Naeun carefully placed her slender fingers on the keys, she was thinking of songs to play but only one song came into her mind.

As she was about to play, she felt him move closer to her and sat down. When their legs touched, Naeun's breath hitched.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun immediately asked her.

"I'm fine!" The girl blurted out immediately and quite awkwardly before laughing bashfully. "May I?"

Jaehyun then smiled softly before nodding his head, her fingers started to move on the monochrome-colored keys.

Naeun gracefully let her fingers dancing around the grand piano keys, enjoying the beautiful sounds it produced. Her right feet pushed on the pedals several times, making the sound of the piano echo through the whole room. It made it sound magical.

Jaehyun on the other hand, who was seated next to her was watching her slender fingers playing the keys in amazement. She played the piano really well.

When the girl was focused on playing the piano, Jaehyun took the chance to steal a glance of her once more. Naeun looked so peaceful; she looked like she was really enjoying herself. As he caught her smiling, he couldn't help but mirror it as he saw her do so.

And when Naeun slowed down and pressed the very last key of the music, she grinned excitedly. "That's the end of the song."

Naeun turned her head to Jaehyun on her left, expecting a reaction but to her surprise, he was staring at her with a soft smile.

The girl raised both of her eyebrows; she got a questioning look on her face.

"Thank you for playing. It's magical." Jaehyun finally spoken. He still got a thin smile on his face when he moved his eyes away from Naeun. "What's the title of the song? I don't think I have heard it before."