CHAPTER TWENTY- SIX

************************

The evening party wouldn't take long, and it was held on private in the evening of the wedding day. Selected guests were invited to the party to congratulate the newly-wed couple and give them their blessings. Beside of the close and important stakeholders of the royal family that were invited that day, Naeun and Jaehyun also invited some of their closest friends. They both did.

Jaehyun had met Naeun's friends that day as well, and when they were about to greet the other guests together, some familiar faces stopped the couple on their way. Naeun remembered them. They were Jaehyun's friends—Jungwoo, Mark, and Doyoung.

The man named Mark was the first to approach the Crown Prince and threw him a big warm hug, "Hyung! Congratulations!" Happiness was written all over his face when he pulled back to see Jaehyun. "I'm telling you; I was crying myself back at the cathedral when I saw you and Miss Naeun getting wedded—Miss Naeun, I mean, Your Highness Crown Princess, congratulations on your wedding!"

"Thank you for coming." Jaehyun patted the younger man's back while grinning widely.

"I can't believe you're really married, Jaehyun-ah." Doyoung shook Jaehyun's hand before giving the Crown Prince a friendly hug. "Congratulations to the both of you. Miss Naeun, now that you've become the Crown Princess to my friend, please take care of him very well." He joked as he threw his hand around Jaehyun's shoulders.

Well, what could Naeun say? After all this time, she felt like Jaehyun was the one who had done a lot of goof thing to take care of her. Now, for sure, she would like to level up her game and give her best to take care of the Crown Prince as much as he did to her. "For sure, Doyoung-sshi."

The next one was Jungwoo who smiled at the two of them. "I wish the both of you a never-ending happiness and blessings in life. Take care of each other well." Then he looked at Naeun. "Miss Naeun, if this guy try to mess with you, you can tell me, I'll avenge you."

That made Naeun laugh as she looked at Jaehyun on her side. "I will, no worries."

"You have to greet the other guests, don't you?" Doyoung asked as he jumped into the conversation, giving Jaehyun an understanding look. "Go on, see you later at the campus, Jaehyun, you too, Miss Naeun."

That's right. In a few days, they would go back to college and get themselves busy with the cultural festival. For Jaehyun and his friends, they would have it as their final project.

"Of course, hyung." Jaehyun replied, before placing his hand back to Naeun's waist. "See you guys later. Excuse us."

Naeun curtly bowed to them and gave them a soft smile, Jungwoo and Mark moved their focus to the dessert table nearby. However, Doyoung stood still on his feet, watching the newly-wed royal couple walking away next to each other closely.

Doyoung could notice it clearly.

Jung Jaehyun had fallen in love with Lee Naeun, no doubt.

He was worried that his friend was only doing all of this wedding scenario just because of his royal duties. He had known Jaehyun for quite a long time, and he fully knew that his friend was such a responsible and selfless person. Sometimes, Doyoung would feel empathic to him. Being the Crown Prince, the heir to the throne, was never easy. Even that morning when the wedding ceremony was held, he actually felt anxious for his friend.

However, when he saw Jaehyun at the altar staring fondly at his bride who he just knew in person a few months ago walking down the aisle, the heaviness in Doyoung's chest melted away.