THE ROYAL DUTY - TEASER

******************

Place: The Royal Palace, Seoul, South Korea
Date: March 2022
Time: 8:00 PM (KST)

"Are you certain about your decision, Haein ah?"

He asked himself that more than ten (10) times per day in the past week. Was he really doing the right thing? Or was he just scared? He thought as he looked down on his feet.

He then took a deep breath, touched the ring on his finger before looking up and flashing a smile.

"Of course I am, but...." he answered that truthfully and from his heart as he knew that the only way for him to be with his wife and build a family is by abdicating the throne, though it does come with consequences.

[BREAKING NEWS] APRIL 2022

It was revealed by royal insiders that the Crowned Prince Haein has decided long and hard to abdicate the throne to focus on his family. The Crowned Prince held a conference and explained the situation. He also revealed that he and the royal family have thought long and hard before making a decision.

****************************

"Hyung, is it true?" Jaehyun walked into the dining room in a hurry. He didn't knew anything about it, not until he watched the news the following day.

Haein placed his utensils down and smiled at his little brother. Though they have a nine (9) year age gap, they treat each other as best friends. He motioned for him to sit down and eat.

"I've been training for that my whole life, Jaehyun ah. But now that I grow older and realize more things in life. I now want to pursue my passion into producing movies." He explained as Jaehyun looked at him. "Plus, compared to me, I know you would be a much more fitting ruler. You are smart and you know what to do in the right time." He added as he nudged his shoulder.

"But...-"

"Don't worry about me, besides that. I will help you along the way so you won't get lost. I'll still be your brother, just without the title of the Crowned Prince." Haein smiled as Jaehyun took a deep breath and nods his head.

"Don't worry Jaehyun-ah, your training would start tomorrow. You'll have nothing to worry about." The Queen Mother smiled at him warmly. Little did they know that he was losing his mind at that very moment.

Five Months later....

[BREAKING NEWS] SEPTEMBER 2022

The Royal Family decided that the third in line, the youngest prince; Prince Jaehyun to be the next in line and is preparing for the royal duties in order to replace his brother. It's also been said by royal insiders that the prince will be finding a suitable consort that will allow him to ascend the throne if the situation requires.

********************************

Time: 8:00 PM (KST)CHANNEL : SBS 8 NEWS

"So now that we know that the second prince would be the new crowned prince of the country, how does that work for Prince Jaehyun?" The news anchor Cho Hyerim asked the royal insider, who was invited by the news.

"Well, with the abdication of the throne of Prince Hae-in, there would be a lot of changes and significant consequences for the royal family. Since it would be a major shift of leadership and power but it also puts a ton of pressure to Prince Jaehyun, as he has to take on the responsibility left to him by his older brother." Lee Jae-rim answered as he smiled at the camera.

"But, in our view isn't there a rule by the monarchs to get married before they ascend the throne? Would that be a problem for this situation?" The other news anchor, Kim Hyun-woo asked him as Jae-rim nods his head.

"Rather than a rule, its more of a duty. The royal family sees it as a way to lighten up the task of the emperor and his legacy. With Prince Jaehyun now being the first in line to ascend the throne, he is in need to find a suitable consort for him, who could support him and be a good representative of the Royal Family." He added as they all smiled.

*********************************

Place: Sungkyunkwan UniversityTime: 4:00 PM (KST)

Jaehyun looked at her before turning the page of the paper he was holding, where it has the name of the group from the College of Arts.

As she was setting up the coffees, Jaehyun couldn't help but stare at her. She looks like a doll, maybe that was even an understatement. She looks unreal. He shook it off, realizing what he has been thinking and tried to search for her name.
Jaehyun decided to just ask her to stop wasting time.

"Your name?" Jaehyun quit searching and just straight up asked her.

The girl looked at him as she was sipping on the grapefruit ade, before smiling.

"My name? It's Lee Naeun, your Highness." Naeun smiled as she bowed before grabbing her iPad and started doodling on it.

Lee Naeun... where did I hear that name before? He asked himself that as he took a sip of the Iced Americano laid in front of him.

Before he could utter another word, the door opened revealing Mark, Doyoung and Johnny holding a paper bag from a coffee shop. And a confused Seul-gi and Hyo-jong with their bags.

**************************