CHAPTER FOURTEEN

******************

Date: December 28, 2023

"Jaehyun-sshi," Naeun knocked on the Crown Prince's mansion study room door and entered the room when the man gave her his permission.

"Naeun, you haven't gone home yet? I thought you went back home right away after Miss In-ah finished her session today?" Jaehyun peeked at Naeun from the back of his desk. There were two MacBooks opened in front of him.

Naeun shook her head and placed a cup of green tea on his desk. "I will stay at the palace for three nights until the day of engagement. Anyways, I asked the maid to prepare green tea and honey instead of coffee." Naeun told him as she gave him a soft smile. "It's much better. It helps you stay awake too."

The Crown Prince checked on the cup of green tea and gave Naeun a soft smile. "Thank you."

The girl replied with a wide smile, making her lips form a heart shape. "Pleasure." She whispered. "Is there anything I can help, Jaehyun-sshi?"

"I'm reviewing a proposal document form the European union. It just came this evening and I need to respond latest by tonight. I think I will finish this first." He sipped the green tea with honey, and sighed. "Thank you, Naeun."

"I see... the person in charge of orchestra just sent us the final list of the scores that will be played during the engagement. I have checked it... but I think there's this one song that I'm not familiar with. It's not a title, more like a... code. And they didn't attach the music sheet so I can't check it further." Naeun uttered as she checked the email on her phone. "I think I will ask them to remove it—"

"No! It's okay." Jaehyun stopped her, "I requested that one, it's okay. Just keep it there."

"Oh, alright!" Naeun nodded as she put back her phone into her jeans pocket. "I'll get back to my room to continue the final check of the other files."

"You can join me here if you want."

"Really?"

"Sure."

"I'll get my laptop, then."

**************

Date: December 29, 2022

There was two more days before the royal engagement day, Jaehyun and Naeun had a final meeting with the elders. The King, the Queen, and the Queen Dowager were present at one of the main palace conference rooms. Fortunately, they were all satisfied with the plans and preparations made. They wrapped up the meeting as soon as everything was settled, and Secretary Park was getting ready to escort the younger couple back to the Crown Prince mansion.

The main palace was busier than usual that evening as a lot of royal staff took parts on preparing for the engagement day that would happen the day after tomorrow.

Jaehyun and Naeun were together at the main palace lobby. They sat next to each other on one sofa, waiting for Secretary Park to pick them up. Naeun looked exhausted as her eyes were half opened, yet next to her, the Crown Prince looked as if he just woke up from a good quality sleep. Where did he get all of this energy?

Naeun was staring at the Crown Prince on her right side with her sleepy eyes. She smiled softly as she saw him smiling and it revealed the latter's dimples on his cheeks. She found it cute.

"Hm?" it turned out that the man had been noticing her being all giggly to herself while staring at him. The man then turned his head to her, raising both of his eyebrows. "Why are you smiling like that?" Jaehyun asked her with a low voice.