Chapter 14

Budge up a bit, there's not enough room for me bum"

Cheryl tries to squeeze into the unusually tiny taxi cab, her tiny limbs sticking out at awkward angles.

"Here" Kimberley pats the tops of her own legs, "you can sit on my knee if you want, it'll make more space"

"Now there's an offer" Sarah grins before wincing as Nadine's grip on her thigh tightens and the Irish girl shoots her a 'remember who's girlfriend you are' look.

"Thanks" Cheryl smiles, tentatively lowering her bottom down onto Kimberley's strong thighs. Her smile widens as the Bradfordian slides her arms round her stomach, resting her face against her back.

"How was she when you left her?" Kimberley asks, referring to Nicola.

"Yeah fine" Cheryl replies, "she seems pretty upbeat considering she got clonked on the head by a big piece of metal"

"Hmm...I still don't want any of you going back onto the site until we're sure it's one hundred percent safe" Kimberley orders.

"Worried about your insurance?" Sarah teases, "don't worry we're not going to sue"

"No, I'm worried about you getting hurt...any of you" the Bradfordian replies with a frown.

"She was only joking pet" Cheryl reassures Kimberley, "its been a long day, can't wait to get back to your house"

"Oh yeah" Sarah raises an eyebrow and gives a cheeky grin, "I can't imagine why"

************************************************************************

"Right we'll leave you two lovebirds alone" Sarah whispers to Cheryl as the Geordie waits for Kimberley to return with a cup of tea.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't" she adds with a smirk, taking a smiling Nadine's hand and leading her upstairs.

After kicking off her mucky work boots and socks and leaving them in the hall Cheryl walks back into the living room. Flopping on the large settee she's trying unsuccessfully to relax as Kimberley appears with a mug of Tetley.

"Is it me or has it turned chilly all of a sudden?" the Bradfordian asks, passing Cheryl the mug.

"Yeah it's a bit cold" the Geordie agrees, gratefully sipping at the drink.

"So much for a lovely British summer" Kimberley jokes, walking over the the hearth and grabbing some logs, "would you mind if I set the fire going?"

Cheryl shakes her head, watching as the blonde bends over to light the pile of logs and they start crackling with the heat.

**********************************************************************************

"You look tense" Kimberley states a while later as they're both curled up at opposite ends of the couch with the fire blazing brightly.

"Sorry" Cheryl apologises, "I guess I'm still worked up from earlier"

"Maybe I should help you relax" Kimberley offers,a grin working its way over her beautiful features.

"Oh aye, what did you have in mind?" the Geordie gives her a dimpled smile.

"I thought a massage, picked up some tips once as part of a TV programme I was filming, I'm pretty good"

"Plus it gives me an excuse to get you naked" the blonde adds rather huskily, "so do you fancy it?"

"Are you sure?" Cheryl replies hesitantly, "I mean even after everything you're still me boss"