Chapter 27

Gazing through an upstairs window Cheryl looks on as Kimberley leads Sappho out of the stables for her mid-morning exercise. She carries on watching as her girlfriend mounts the horse, building speed as she rides off soon becoming a small speck in the distance. Sighing happily the Geordie shrugs off her monogrammed dressing gown, hanging the present from Kimberley on a door hook next to the Bradfordian's own robe.

Matching dressing gowns, lavish parties, a country house complete with drop dead gorgeous famous girlfriend...

"So when do I wake up from the dream?" Cheryl murmurs dryly, studying her own naked reflection in Kimberley's bedroom mirror.

Only it wasn't just Kimberley's mirror anymore. In fact it wasn't even just Kimberley's bedroom. It was their bedroom, their mirror, their house, well according to Kimberley anyway. A few days after the party, when the other girls had left for home, the Bradfordian had finally asked her if she'd consider selling her flat and moving into Garsforth Hall permanently.

Cheryl flops down onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling as she collects her thoughts.

She'd been living and sharing a bed with Kimberley for months whilst the pool building project was underway but she was still wary of taking the next huge step into coupledom. It wasn't that she'd miss her cramped, one bed roomed flat. Truth be told all her worldly possessions would probably fit into one of Kimberley's largest cupboards.

No it was the thought of what to do next...

Exactly how would Tweedy's Builders fit into the glamorous celebrity world of Kimberley Walsh?

Because it would have to.

Kimberley might make enough money to see them both into old age but Cheryl was determined to pay her way. The Geordie wasn't a freeloader and the thought of being a 'lady of leisure' for the rest of her life made her shudder. Then there was the other girls' futures to think about as well...

Cheryl gives out another sigh as the telephone at the side of the bed starts ringing. Rolling over onto her stomach she reaches across, grabbing the phone and answering it.

"Hello..."

"Yeah, yep, love you too, see you soon, bye, byee"

"Who was that then?"

"Christ Kimba! Way to give us a heart attack!"

Still holding the cordless phone Cheryl clasps her free hand to her chest. Twisting round she sees her flushed and sweaty girlfriend leaning against the doorframe smirking at her.

"Sorry, I've been stood here for a while, I didn't want to interrupt you and besides I was enjoying the view"

Kimberley takes a seat on the bed, running a hand over the pert cheeks of Cheryl's bare arse possessively.

"Mmm...I'm not used to finding you au naturel but I must say it's a nice precursor to our normal post-ride shower activity"

"Kimba" Cheryl groans, wriggling a little as her girlfriend's fingertips start tickling along her arsecrack, "it was me mam on the phone"

"Oh...ahem...right" Kimberley stills her fingers, putting on a polite face, "is she well?"

Cheryl laughs at her girlfriend,

"She's fine. She'd...err...like us to go up and visit her when you've got a few days free"

"Really? That'd be lovely!"

"Aye" Cheryl beams, "then you can see how the other half live pet"

She gives Kimberley a mischievous smile,