5.

"absolutely not. you're only 16 scarlet. you're way too young to be a mother." mom spoke frantically.

"it's my decision. i-i don't want the baby in foster care and i don't want to get an abortion." i whispered as tears welled up in my eyes.

"calum tell her she can't keep the baby." mom sobbed as she looked over at him.

"it's her choice babe." calum spoke slowly.

"she's fucking 16! how is any of this her choice!" mom yelled as she stood up.

"because i'm the one who has to carry the baby! i'm the one that's going to love the baby!" i yelled back.

"are you seriously taking her side?" mom spoke angrily as she looked over at calum.

"i'm not taking anyone's side mavis." calum spoke firmly.

"it seems like you are. you are giving this baby up, are we understood?" mom spoke as she averted her attention to me.

"no." i muttered.

mom stood there in shock as i held my breath.

"fine, be that way. i need space from you both. go stay with liliana." mom spit out as she walked out of the room.

i felt myself becoming extremely lightheaded the more i stood up and staggered backwards.

calum quickly rushed over and caught me before i could fall into the chair and everything went black.

calum's pov

she passed out.

this poor child was under so much stress to make a decision she shouldn't have to make at this age.

i quickly paged luke to an empty room and picked up scarlet and ran to the room.

just as we got to the room, i saw luke running around the corner.

"what happened?" he asked quickly as he opened the door for us.

"she collapsed. poor kid is under so much stress, she passed out." i mumbled as i placed her on the bed.

"i'm going to start an IV to pump some fluids into her system." luke spoke as he grabbed a IV pack from the cart outside.

i slowly pushed up scarlet's sleeve and saw a huge scar that i never knew she had.

"what is that from?" luke asked as he walked back over.

"i don't know." i mumbled as i ran my hand gently over the scar.

"i'll try the other arm." luke spoke as he lifted her other sleeve.

he gently positioned the needle at an angle above her arm pushed in.

"perfect." he smiled as he set the IV to a slow drip.

"she should be okay. i think she's just dehydrated and stressed." luke spoke softly.

"she wants to keep the baby. it's difficult because i'm not the one who's having a full blown seizure about it, it's mavis." i muttered as i sat down.

"can you blame her? she's not mad at scarlet, she's just mad about what is going on. it's life changing, having a baby is life changing." luke replied softly.

"all i know is that i'm going to be here for her whether mavis is or not. she doesn't deserve to be a teenage mom alone." i spoke quickly.

"no one deserves to be a teenage mom alone."

scarlet's pov

i woke up a couple hours later to a dark room and IV in my arm.

i hated needles.

i quickly bent down and touched my stomach, as if i could feel the baby's heartbeat.

i gently swung my feet over the edge of the bed and tried to stand up before falling down to my knees.

"woah, how'd you end up on the ground?" i heard a voice chuckle from behind me.

"my legs don't work." i groaned as i looked up and saw calum staring down at me

"you're tired and dehydrated. we had to start an IV on you to give you fluids." calum stated as he held me up.

"where's my mom?" i asked.

"she left. don't worry, she'll come back. she just needs time to accept what has happened." calum
spoke with a reassuring smile.

"she doesn't hate me?" i whispered as i leaned back down in bed.

"of course not, you're her daughter baby." calum spoke softly as he wrote some information down into my chart.

"i hate me." i mumbled.

"why?" calum asked as he sat down in the seat next to me.

"because i should have fought harder to prevent this. i- "don't go there. none of this was your fault." calum stated calmly.

"what made you decide to keep the baby?" calum asked.

"this may sound stupid, but sitting up there looking at all the little babies faces. they were so freaking cute." i spoke with a tiny smile.

"yeah, i guess they are pretty cute." calum chuckled.

"what now?" i asked.

"you relax and we'll worry about the next steps tomorrow."