12

it was michael.

"i-i just don't know- "breath first please. you don't have to open the door, just breath." michael interrupted as he sat there.

i began to take in jagged breathes in and out.

"calm now?" michael asked as i heard him stand up.

"y-yeah. i'm sorry. i'm just so overwhelmed." i whispered.

"i know. don't worry. we all know. we don't want you to be hurting or stressed out. not only is it bad for you, but it's bad for the baby." i heard ashton interject.

"i'm trying." i mumbled.

"we know, but we don't want you hurting yourself. we don't want you to cut yourself baby." ashton spoke softly.

i slowly unlocked and opened the door.

"i-it was only once. i-i couldn't control it." i whispered.

"let us help. we can help. we want to listen." calum spoke softly.

i nodded and looked up at him.

"can i have a hug?" i asked.

"duh." calum replied as he pulled me in for a hug.

"why are you giving him a hug? we did all the talking." michael groaned as he rolled his eyes.

"i'll give you a hug too, don't worry." i replied as i gave michael a hug.

"how about we all calm down, go shower, and watch a family movie night." luke suggested as he inched towards his room.

"i couldn't agree more." michael laughed as he walked into his room.

i slowly walked downstairs because i already showered and sat on the couch.

soon enough, the boys filed downstairs and we started finding nemo.

maybe living with them won't be too bad?

———

A COUPLE WEEKS LATER

"i'm so fat." i sobbed into the mirror as i looked at my stomach.

"no you're not baby. i promise! think of it this way, that's the baby. you're not fat, that's the baby growing." calum tried to explain as he was wiping my tears.

i was now ten weeks pregnant and was going in for a check up with bella.

"i don't care what you say. i'm so fat." i spoke as tears streamed down my face.

"hey, i pinky promise, you are not fat scarlet." calum spoke as he turned me away from the mirror.

mom still didn't remember me. calum tried to bring me over, but mom was having none of it.

i cant tell if she really doesn't remember me or if she's still experiencing amnesia.

calum and i headed down to the car outside.

the other boys had already gone to work that morning.

luckily the hospital wasn't too far away and i slowly walked over to bella's office.

"my favorite patient!" bella smiled as she opened the door.

i grumbled in response as she directed me to an exam room.

"not in the best mood?" bella asked.

"i'm fat." i whispered.

"no you're not." bella immediately spoke back as he gave me a stare.

"that's the response i was looking for! not calum's pinky promise bullshit." i spat out as i pulled myself up onto the table.

i slowly pulled up my shirt.

"well, im glad i could give you the response you were looking for." bella chuckled as she put gel on my stomach.

as soon as my baby popped up on the ultra sound, i felt tears pop into my eyes.

"it's so much bigger." i smiled softly.

"yes, it is." bella smiled as she played its heartbeat.

"when will i know the gender?" i asked as bella wiped the gel off my stomach.

"between week 14 and 20. speaking of which, i want you back by week 14." bella smiled as she helped me stand up.

"i'm becoming excited about this. i was scared at first, but the longer i carry this baby, the more i feel connected." i mumbled as i placed my hand on my stomach.

"i'm glad honey." bella replied as she walked me out of the room to where calum was waiting.

i walked over to calum and was about to tell him the news when i saw his nervous expression.

"what's wrong?" i asked slowly.

"your mom is here." calum spoke softly.

great. just great.

"what does she want." i spat out.

"she remembers you scarlet." calum replied.

wait what?