16.

"t-thats not fair!" mom yelled as she glared at me.

"how is it not fair? you could have killed me or the baby." i spoke softly.

"i-i wasn't trying to baby. i just lost control of my emotions." mom spoke firmly.

"but you could've killed the baby." i countered again.

after a couple moments, mom spoke up, "fine. have it your way. i still want to be apart of this baby's life though."

"i never said you couldn't." i mumbled.

mom nodded and left the room with a glare on her face.

"i don't want to go back there." i muttered.

"i wouldn't either." ashton replied softly.

i looked over at calum and saw a pained expression on his face.

my mom was turning into someone we both didn't know.

———

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

"so, do we want to know the gender?" bella asked as she held the wand against my stomach.

"i don't want to have a big baby shower gender reveal thing." i spoke firmly.

"that wasn't my question." bella chuckled.

i nodded with a tiny smile.

"congratulations scarlet, you're having a baby girl." bella smiled brightly.

i instantly felt tears cloud my eyes.

i couldn't believe i was going to be a mom soon.

"5 more months and ill be able to hold her." i smiled softly.

"you better watch out, she's going to be a scorpio baby." bella smirked as she cleaned the gel off my stomach.

i quickly pulled down my shirt and went to stand up when i remembered just how heavy i had become.

"let me help." bella chuckled as she helped me up slowly.

"i'm going to go tell calum the gender!" i smiled brightly as i walked off.

i arrived at calum's office and heard him talking to someone.

i slowly crept up to the door and listened.

"she can't know okay? this has to be kept a secret." i heard calum speak.

"understood. i'll start making plans now." ashton replied.

plans for what?

i slowly knocked on the door and heard some shuffling before the door opened.

"hey baby." calum smiled softly as he motioned for me to come in.

i waddled in and sat down.

"what's up honey?" ashton smiled.

"do you guys want to know the gender?" i spoke with a tiny smile.

"yes!" ashton spoke loudly as he jumped up.

"in 5 months, you guys are going to have a little girl in this world!" i replied with a smile.

"oh my gosh! yes! i knew it." ashton smiled.

"congratulations babe." calum spoke with a huge smile as he pulled me in for a hug.

"i'm gonna go tell michael and luke!" i spoke as i walked off to michael's office.

i saw he wasn't there and quickly left a note telling him i had a surprise.

i walked over to luke's office and saw he also wasn't there.

this is was strange.

i decided to spend the rest of the day inside calum's office.

"you ready to head home pretty girl?" calum asked with a tiny smile.

"i'm so comfy." i groaned as i tried to pull myself up.

"don't hurt yourself, i can help." calum chuckled as he gently helped me stand up.

we met ashton down in the lobby and continued to the car.

we arrived home and it was dark. the whole house was dark.

i followed behind ashton and calum before luke and michael jumped out saying, "surprise!"

i immediately froze and saw the balloons, confetti, cake, and food all around me.

then i was hit by a wave of sudden emotion.

"i-i told you guys not to d-do this." i spoke as tears welled up in my eyes.

"i told you she would cry." luke pointed out.

"like we were going to miss giving you a party for finding out the gender." michael spoke with a tiny eye roll.

"you guys seem more excited than i do to have a baby girl roaming the house." i chuckled.

"wait it's a girl?" luke spoke with wide eyes.

"why am i not surprised you're the last one to know." i laughed as i grabbed a slice of cake and plopped down on the couch.

"it's a girl." luke repeated in a daze.

maybe this wouldn't be as bad as i thought it would be.