twelve

✧ ˚ ·

✧ ˚ · . CHAPTER TWELVE . · ˚✧
burnt toast Sunday / all the stars align

🌶️ slight spice: read on to the snowflake
break in text if uncomfortable

palermo, sicily, summer 2014

I woke up to familiar surroundings, birds chirping from their spot perched on the branches of the orange blossom tree just outside the window. The only thing wholly unfamiliar was the presence of warmth against my back, the weight of an arm slung around my waist. The moment my brain caught up to reality, Charles' grip tightened, his lips ghosting over the sensitive skin at the back of my neck.

Unable to stop myself from giggling quietly, my body settled further into him, before one of his hands shifted below the sheets, wrapping around my hip and pulling me back into him. Something heavy weighed against the inside of my thigh, and awareness of that fact shot through me like a shock of electricity, straight to my core.

Charles moaned softly into my neck, my skin erupting into goosebumps. He rolled his hips into mine, his hand roaming up my body to cup my breast, rolling a calloused thumb over my nipple, eliciting a whimper from me.

"You have to be quiet, jolie. The window's open," Charles warned me, laughing softly. The aching in my core only intensified as he continued his ministrations: lips on the back of my shoulder, hips rolling into mine, thumb and forefinger squeezing my nipple, making my eyes roll back into my head. "Can you be quiet for me?"

A string of mumbled nonsense proceeded to fall from my lips, my left hand finding Charles' forearm and dragging my nails across his skin.

Charles gently bit into the skin of my shoulder, causing my entire body to shudder. I had to bite down hard on my bottom lip to keep a moan from spilling out, and that seemed enough proof of my ability to stay quiet. Charles instantly rewarded me—his hand wandered from my breast to the soaked heat between my legs, his calloused palm dragging across the sensitive skin of my lower stomach.

"Did you know you have freckles on your shoulder?" Charles' bottom lip dragged across the side of my neck before his breath fanned my ear, making pleasure shoot through my spine. That feeling only intensified when his fingers made their way further down, tracing light figures on the inside of my thigh, obviously teasing me. "They remind me of the stars we were watching yesterday."

All I could offer him in response was a breathless whimper, my thighs squeezing together as the throbbing between them grew to almost painful heights. "Charles, please."

"Tell me, Jolie, what do the stars say about us?" Charles murmured, before grazing his teeth over my earlobe. The action made me visibly shiver. My eyes were screwed shut, right hand under the pillow, clutching the fabric for dear life, while my other hand instinctively reached for my breast, trying but failing to imitate the exquisite attention Charles had given it only moments before. When I didn't respond, Charles dug his fingers into my thighs, making my back arch. "Jolie," he warned.