emilia & charlie

warning: panic attack, sexual content

EMILIA ALDEN MET Charlie Bayard when she was ten

EMILIA ALDEN MET Charlie Bayard when she was ten. Nearly a year before she got her Hogwarts letter.

Their mothers had gone to school together and had been best friends before they lost touch come graduation. That was until Charlie's family moved into the neighborhood and the two friends once again reacquainted themselves.

It seemed as though it was all perfect. The mothers had loved each other dearly ever since their days at Hogwarts and now they were reunited. The fathers became fast friends as they bonded over sports, politics, and the confusion and excitement over having a magical being as a wife. Each couple had one child who were both the same age. Yes, it was all very convenient.

Except for the fact that from the second Emilia saw Charlie, she hated him.

She hated the way everyone liked him. She hated how all the kids in their muggle classes looked up to him as if he were some sort of hero. She hated how it was the same when they got to Hogwarts. She hated how utterly easy it was for him to make friends. How easy it was for him to fit in when she could barely keep one friend.

She hated that he was always teasing her and making fun of her. How he thought he was better than her at everything. How he never backed down from a challenge and did everything in his power to prove her wrong in whatever way he could. Whether it be raising his hand to answer more questions in class than she did or scoring more points than her whenever Hufflepuff faced Ravenclaw in a Quidditch match.

Even more than that, she hated the way he smiled at her. Despised that stupid grin more than anything else in the world. Even more so because of those fucking dimples that carved into his cheeks whenever he so much as moved his mouth.

He was an insufferable, obnoxious git, and if she never saw him again, it would be too soon.

WHEN CHARLIE BAYARD met Emilia Alden, he thought she was the prettiest girl he'd ever met.

Granted, they were both only ten at the time. Even so, that fact didn't change as they got older.

It seemed as though he was always looking for her without even knowing it. His eyes were always trying to spot her in any crowd, his ears always straining to hear her voice, her laugh. It was his most favorite sound in the world.

Perhaps, from the second Charlie saw Emilia, he loved her.

He loved how she was always curious about everything around her. Always asking questions and trying to gain as much knowledge as she could fit into her memory. He loved how she adored her parents and how she always stopped to pet a dog if it was walking toward her.

He loved how she would scream all the lyrics to her Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin records and dance around her room which was located directly across from his.