Chapter Three: First Snowfall

"Since when?" I was surprised that Bill could ever like me as more than anything but a friend.

"The first time I saw you. You kept staring at me. Tom warned me that nothing would ever happen between us, but I don't really care." Bill started chewing on his thumbnail, "I understand if you only think of me as a friend."

I sat on my bed, mouth hanging open, for several minutes before I could say anything that made even the slightest bit of sense. "I should think."

"Take your time. I can wait." He smiled and ruffled up my hair. "So, what do you wanna do tonight?"

"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"Anything, as long as it's with you." He grinned, making me blush. There was just something about him that was addicting. I mean, yeah, I guess you could say I had a bit of a crush on him. But I didn't expect anything to come of it, relationship wise. So I picked up my phone and sent Bill a text, telling him how I felt about him.

"Awwe, really?" Bill looked up from his phone. I nodded, and he gave me the biggest smile. "You're so cute!"

"Oh, shush." I blushed and we went downstairs to grab something else to eat. I found some leftover vegetarian lasagna in the fridge and warmed it up for Bill. I was really craving potato salad and fried chicken and didn't feel like making any so I sent a quick text to Mark, asking if he would pick some up when he got off work.

"You're not having any?" Bill asked, and I shook my head. Tom and Carolyn were nowhere to be found and I smiled to myself. I guess they had more in common than I'd previously thought.

"Oh my god, I just had the most brilliant idea!" I jumped out of my seat.

"What, oh glorious one?" Bill smiled up at me from his spot on the floor. We were currently in my room.

"We prank call people we don't really like!" I grabbed my laptop and sat down next to him.

The last person we called was Aunt Cindy through Bill's Skype account.

"Who is calling at this ungodly hour?" She growled, and I had to bite my tongue in order to hold back my giggles.

"This is the NYPD." Bill grinned, "We're calling about your husband's recent sexual activity."

"Good lord, what has he done this time?" She sighed.

"He's been caught twice having intercourse in Central Park with a dog. There has been a $7000 fine and he hasn't paid it." Bill grabbed a pillow and used it to muffle his laughter.

"Yes, I've noticed some unusual behaviour between my husband and the neighbours dogs. Is there anything I can do?"

"We have notified your local police department. They'll be there in the morning to make an arrest." He paused, "As you know, beastiality is illegal and frowned upon in today's society."

"Well thank you for letting me know beforehand." Aunt Cindy sighed loudly.

"Goodnight, Mrs Black." Bill ended the call and we burst into hysterical laughter.

"I can't believe she bought it!" I smirked, holding my sides.

"I know! And the best part is, I recorded the whole thing! We can use it as blackmail!" Bill said and we laughed even harder. The laptop started beeping, and Bill sat up straight. "Oh, hang on, I have a call."

"Want me to give you privacy?"

"No, it's just my goddaughter. So you can stay." He stuck out his tongue and accepted the call.