The Rift Pt.1

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother Sokka and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. Although his airbending skills were great, he had a lot to learn before he was ready to save anyone. But from the day I first met him, I believed Aang would save the world. And you know what?

I was right. With the help of his friends, Aang defeated Fire Lord Ozai and ended the Hundred Year War. Zuko, Ozai's son and our ally, became the new Fire Lord. Together with Earth King Kuei, The Dragon of the North Lü Bu, Aang and Zuko promised to restore the four nations to harmony.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===============================

The story opens in the city of Yu Dao. A large crowd is gathered outside the administrative building; citizens of the Fire Nation are gathered on the left, while those from the Earth Kingdom are gathered on the right. The view cuts to the front of the Fire Nation side, where Aang, Katara, Sokka, Lü Bu, Toph, and a few Air Acolytes stand with Iroh; all are wearing fine dress robes. Aang is speaking to Iroh.

Aang: Zuko was such a big part of making this happen. Too bad he couldn't join us today!

Iroh: Ursa and her family are visiting the Capital City for the first time since her exile. Fire Lord Zuko needs to be there to support them.

Katara: How did your tenure as the Interim Fire Lord go, Iroh?

Iroh: I had much more fun– and more tea– than I had expected! The National Tea Appreciation Day was a rousing success! But it only made me miss my little teashop all the more.

Katara: You'll be going home soon, I hope?

Iroh: Oh, yes! Attending this is my last bit of official business! Afterwards, it's back to Ba Sing Se for me!

He turns his head to the balcony of the building above.

Iroh: Looks like they're ready to make an announcement!

Kori Morishita, wearing a mixture of clothing displaying both the red of the Fire Nation and the green of the Earth Kingdom, stands on the balcony and addresses the crowd.

Kori: Citizens of Yu Dao, the election results are in! Please welcome your city's new coalition government!

As she steps back, the four newly elected representatives step forward, waving as the crowd below cheers in celebration. The view cuts back to Toph, standing next to Aang, who is clapping with the crowd.

Toph: Fire Nation alongside Earth Kingdom... You really think those people will get along well enough to govern this place, Twinkle Toes?

Aang: They've got to. Yu Dao's the example. The remaining colonies are all trying to set up the same system.

The scene changes to later, as the group walks with the crowd down a crowded hallway. Sokka's hand strays to his stomach as he talks to Iroh.

Sokka: Ah, my favorite part of any celebration--the banquet!

Aang, who up until this point has been walking with Katara, turns his head and sees, off to his left on the other side of the hallway, a tall person dressed in the robes of an Air Nomad. Curious, he hangs back to ask one of the Air Acolytes a question, pointing across the hall as he talks.