LOK Short: Beach Wars

Lü Bu, Azula, Katara and Toph are shown reclining on chairs on a beach in the United Republic. Ikki and Meelo are playing on the sand, and Jinora is reading a book. Bolin is bending a sand sculpture of Opal for her, and Ryü, Korra and Asami are relaxing.

Lü: Life like this sure is sweet. No wars. No evil masterminds. Just a couple of old friends relaxing.

Toph: Ain't that the truth. Last time we enjoyed the beach it was the end of the world.

The two friends laugh as Katara chuckles.

Katara: Always good to see you both, Lü and Toph.

Toph: Meh. I'm not thrilled to be back in Republic City...but getting to spend time with Opal is worth the hassle.

Lü: Me neither. But it's been a while since me and Azula spent time with our grandchild.

Meanwhile Bolin sees Opal snickering, and assumes that it is directed toward a somewhat crude sand sculpture that is supposed to portray her.

Bolin: ...Opal, I'm really trying here...

Opal: I just can't take you seriously with that mustache scribbed on your face.

Bolin: Yeah, Meelo pranked me this morning. Can't take your eyes off that kid for a second. Although, I can't help but feel like it makes me more distinguished.

Opal: Pft!

Katara: The prank war continues. You know, Toph...I remember when you and I couldn't go a few days without trying to one-up each other.

Toph: Ha!

Katara: You were ruthless. You bent pebbles up my nose if you caught me asleep.

Toph: Yeah, but then you icebent a slide right underneath me. I slid down a mountain into a boar-q-pine den.

Both Katara and Toph wear awkward expressions as they remember the incident.

Katara: If I remember right, you once metalbent my furniture to the ceiling.

Toph: And if I remember right, you and Lü once hid a turtle-duck in my office. It took me days to find it, and it laid eggs.

Lü. Those were good times, huh?

Katara: Yeah...

Toph: Oh yeah, the best...

Lü, Katara and Toph look at each other. Their minds begin to spark a new idea while Azula moved her chair to a safer distance. Nearby, Asami is looking worriedly over her shoulder at the three older Team Avatar members while Ryü was seen with shades on his face and Korra continues to try and relax.

Asami: Something is happening...

Ryü: Babe. Me and Korra are in vaca mode. As you can see from the shades Varrick made for me.

Korra: Let it happen.

Katara: Are we really doing this?

Toph: Oh, you bet we are. What'd you say Hothead? Still got what it takes or is it past your nap time.

Lü: Ha. Never heard that one before. Just start it off Blindspot.

Toph earthbends a wave of sand at Bolin and Opal, knocking them both over. The sand sculpture of Opal takes on a screaming expression as this happens.

Toph: Bolin! Opal! Look alive!

Lü, Katara, and Toph: Children! Huddle up!

Asami: Korra. Ryü, the grandmas and your grandpa are plotting.