Smoke and Shadow Pt.1

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother Sokka and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. Although his airbending skills were great, he had a lot to learn before he was ready to save anyone. But from the day I first met him, I believed Aang would save the world. And you know what?

I was right. With the help of his friends, Aang defeated Fire Lord Ozai and ended the Hundred Year War. Zuko, Ozai's son and our ally, became the new Fire Lord. Together with Earth King Kuei, The Dragon of the North Lü Bu, Aang and Zuko promised to restore the four nations to harmony.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===============================

The scene opens with a wide shot of a night-shrouded town in the Fire Nation. Cut to Ukano, leader of the New Ozai Society, fast asleep in his bed. Without warning, the silence of the room is broken by a voice, its source unseen.

???: Ukano... Ukano... You're a failure, Ukano...

Having been woken by the voice, he sits up, looking around.

Ukano: Who...?!

???: A disgrace.

Cuts to an angled-down shot of Ukano from the front; he stares at the source of the voice. A figure clothed in a torn, black fabric gown, and wreathed in thick, gray smoke, stands over him, looking down at him. Ukano is obviously terrified of the apparition.

Ukano: It c-can't be!

???: You failed as the governor of New Ozai--But we offer you a chance at redemption!

Ukano: You're the Kemurikage!

Lowering itself down to Ukano, curling an appendage of fabric like a fist before it; Ukano reels away from it in terror.

Kemurikage: Safety is born of strength. As long as that weakling occupies the throne, neither your nation nor your family are safe.

Ukano: B-but you aren't supposed to be real!

As the cloaked figures turn their backs on Ukano, leaving.

Kemurikage: Act now. Dispose the weakling. Redeem yourself. Or suffer. And Ukano... do not hurt the bastard.

Ukano: You're a fable! An old wives' tale! A lie parents tell their children to get them to behave!

Kemurikage: No, Ukano. We are the truth.

Ukano is left on his bed, alone and thoroughly unsettled by his unexpected visitors. The next day, Ukano addresses his followers of the New Ozai Society in an underground room. The frame zooms on his face as he speaks.

Ukano: My fellow patriots of the New Ozai Society--We've been patient, haven't we?

The frame zooms out, showing Ukano standing on a raised platform before his men. A large portrait of Ozai adorns the wall behind him, and a teenage boy stands behind him, looking somewhat uncomfortable.

Memebers: Yes, Master Ukano!

Ukano: You and I have longed for the glory days of Ozai's rule, when the Fire Nation was the strongest and safest of all the nations! No outside threat stood a chance against us!