Life.

I was crying and I couldn't stop. My heart was tearing apart after knowing everything about Jimin's life. I can't even imagine how painful and agonizing all of that might be. Seeing your mother cheating on your father, being threatened by your own mother, watching your mother get killed, seeing your father being distant. It was all too much. For a seven year old, it was way too much. His entire childhood was ruined.

But life didn't stop there. It wanted to see him suffer more. Imagine thinking you're in love and giving them everything only to find out it was all a freaking bet. The way she broke his walls down, made him trust her, made him fall for her. How can someone be so cruel to do such a painful thing to someone?

"Shh, Y/N. Don't cry." Jungkook says, giving me a box of tissues to wipe my tears. I take them but I couldn't stop crying. "He only got hurt and betrayed all his life, Y/N. I told you he'll push you away and that's because he's scared. He's scared to trust again, to let his walls down again. That's why he leaves before he gets weak."

It all made sense now. Now I get why he used to push me away, why he assumed the worst about me. After everything that he went through, he has the right to expect the worst from everyone, even me. "But Y/N. I know you like him. And if you really do, please don't back away." Jungkook's voice was weak, I could tell he genuinely meant it.

"But he doesn't want me to be there for him, Jungkook. He told me not to come back." Jungkook shakes his head again, scooting a bit closer to me. "Again, he's pushing you away. But trust me when I tell you that he does feel something for you, Y/N." I keep my eyes locked with him, trying to find a reason behind his words. "How do you know?"

"He's the greatest mafia leader, being constantly stalked is normal for him. But all the stalkers are either reporters or just other gang members. When he first got to know about you, he was so surprised. Why do you think he didn't stop you?" My cheeks were getting hot along with my ears as I listen to him carefully.

"You always do something he never expects you to do. You stalked him but never approached him, in fact you ran away. You get shy and flustered as soon as he appears in front of you. You do whatever it takes just to get a single glance of him. You pushed him away when he expected you to use him for sex or money. Those are the things he has never experienced before in his life, Y/N. You're making him feel something, I don't know what, but it is something."

My heart was beating so fast. Jimin felt something for me? That information was so big for me to take in. I'm sure his feelings aren't on the same level as mine, but at least he's in the same line as me.

"He deserves to be happy in his life. And I know that happiness is you, I know you'd be the reason for his permanent smiles. I just don't want you to give up on him, Y/N." I nod in response, too shy to say something. I do want to be the reason of his smiles, his happiness. I won't give up, not this easily. I'll keep fighting. Jungkook felt satisfied with just a single nod, giving me a warm smile.

"Oh, and. You should know that Jimin is leaving for two weeks tomorrow." As soon as I heard Jungkook's words, I remember the words Jimin said. "Don't come here from tomorrow. I won't be here." So he literally meant those words. "Where is he going?" I ask, trying to hide the hurt from appearing in my voice. I'm going to miss him so much.

"Paris. Some business stuff. I'll be going too. Personal bodyguard." He says and I sigh, nodding my head. "But I did come with a good news too." I look up into his eyes, curious about the good news. "After two weeks when we return, Jimin's birthday would be soon. His father always makes him throw a big party for it, inviting most of the city, saying it's a good opportunity to make new deals. You should come there. And wear the dress you bought to impress him."

My heart pounded so fast. Just the thought of wearing that dress in front of him was leaving me heated and flustered. How am I going to survive if his beautiful eyes actually see me in it? "You look cute in Jimin's clothes." Jungkook brings me back from my thoughts only to make me more flustered. I forgot I was still in his hoodie and shorts. "Stop!" I whine, hitting him with a pillow. My cheeks will melt if they get more heated. Jungkook just laughs.

-----

Jungkook left a while ago. At first, I didn't want him to come. But now I'm glad he did. Everything was much clearer for me now. I know the reason behind his sudden mood swings, I know what I have to do to calm him down and I surely know what I want. I want him. I want Jimin, I need him. I'm screwed, I'm really in love with him.

But my heart ached knowing he's leaving tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to see him for two whole weeks. I can't spend a single day without seeing him, and now I had to go through two torturous weeks? It's going to be hell. I groan, falling onto my bed. I don't want him to go knowing how we left things off the last time.

I want him to think about me positively before he goes. I want him to miss me just as much as I will miss him. It's going to take time, I know. But I had to start somewhere and I have to start as soon as possible.

I picked up my phone and stare at the red heart and gun in my contacts. I wonder what he's doing right now. Are you thinking about me like I am thinking about you?

I type a message only to erase it. I type something again but ended up erasing it again. I sigh in frustration. What should I say to him? This is going to be more difficult than I thought. But for him, it'll be worth it.

Y/N: Good night.

I waited. I don't think he's going to reply. Closing my eyes, I let out a sigh only to open them quickly with a notification ring.

Jimin: It's only 11:26.

Y/N: When do you sleep?

Jimin: I can't sleep.

Y/N: Why not?

Jimin: Life.