Chapter 4 - Part 37

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Louis' Villa

Pandanus Palms Retreat

Pandanus Island

10.30am. Breakfast, with a side of future planning...

As Harry opens the door to Louis' villa, he's buzzing with excitement, eager to tell Louis his news. He sets their breakfast things down on the dining table and goes straight to the bedroom, but there's a distinct lack of Louis in amongst the bedsheets.

"Lou?" He calls out, but gets no response.

The bathroom is empty, as is the laundry room. He's making his way back to the living area when he hears Louis' laugh coming from behind the closed door of the room next to the bedroom. He hasn't been in there yet, so he knocks, but there's no answer, so he cracks it open and peeks inside.

Louis is relaxing on the floor enveloped by a massive beanbag, headphones in, a steaming mug of tea clasped in his hands. It's a lovely scene and Harry doesn't want to intrude, it's just that if he doesn't tell Louis about his conversation with Niall in the next 60 seconds, he'll likely implode.

"Lou," he says louder and knocks again.

That finally gets his attention. "H?"

"Hey, baby. Sorry to interrupt."

"No, no. You're fine. Was just listening to a podcast."

"I brought breakfast and coffee if you're hungry?"

"You're an angel, I'm starved," Louis says as he gets up.

"Must've been all that energy we expended last night. And this morning."

Harry reaches out as Louis gets closer, pulling him into a kiss. "Mmmm..." Louis hums in agreement against Harry's lips.

Louis takes Harry's hand and lets himself be led into the living area. "Just grabbed a couple of cheese toasties and cinnamon scrolls."

"Smells delicious. Thanks for going out."

"It was definitely a worthwhile trip. I uhm... I ran into Ni."

"Ni? Great nickname, babe."

Harry chuckles as they sit down. "Yeah, he seemed pretty chuffed with it too."

Harry fixes up their food, not bothering with plates and just ripping open the brown paper bags to use instead, laying them out for Louis and himself as Louis sips on his coffee, his tea left behind in the other room.

"So why was it such a worthwhile trip then?" Louis asks around a mouthful of cheese toasty.

"Niall really is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the island."

"Mmmm... proper pillar of the community. Fuck, this toasty is excellent."

Harry takes a bite and groans along with Louis. "God, it really is." Harry chews his mouthful as he tries to decide which piece of news to share with Louis first. Ultimately, he opts to save the best for last. "So, speaking of our pillar of the community... He's graciously agreed to nominate me for permanent residency."

"Oh, love. That's brilliant!"

"Yeah, m'pretty happy about it. But that's just the first bit of news. He also said he can help with getting Giselle brought out here and through quarantine in Fiji. So we can start the paperwork for that straight away and she could be here in just over a month."

"Seriously? H, that's wonderful."

"And..."

"There's more?"