😈Dark Past😈

Ranveer's Point of view:

We reached the mansion after a while. I slowly got off the jeep as Devika followed. We thanked Raghu who seemed more than happy to help us out. I slowly walked into the mansion as Devika held my hand. The silence felt awkward after all the noise we had just gone through.

"Is there no one?", Devika whispered.

"I don't-", just then Meera walked down the stairs with an overly excited child holding her hand. The kid was not more thank five but successfully walked down the stairs.

"You are here?", Meera asked as I slowly tried to advance towards her.

"Had an accident.", I stated as the kid looked up at me as if I was some alien.

"Oh! Fine. I am going out with Manish, in case Randhir comes tell him that.", she stated in a cold, distant voice.

I merely nodded as she walked past us with her son, Manish quickly. 

"she loathes you a lot.", Devika said as she left.

"I know .", I said as we advanced towards the staircase. 

"Are you sure you can climb up?", Devika asked looking concerned. 

"yes. As if I have a choice.", I said with a small smile as I started climbing up the flight of stairs. It was hurting badly but then I was not one of them who would give up. 

We reached my room soon. I just walked in and sat on the bed stretching my legs. It was paining too badly. "wait. let me call the doctor. that needs dressing done.", Devika said as she walked up to the telephone kept in the room. this room had once belonged to my mother who always kept a telephone because she did not trust cell phones much. 

"does the phone book have a doctor's number?", I asked Devika immediately started looking through the small notebook.

 after a while she dialed some number as I slowly settle myself on the bed. the accident was real bed. Devika's hand was scarred very badly but somehow she kept the veil of 'everything is fine with me' over her pain. 

"the doc's is coming?", I asked her as I slowly laid on the bed. 

"yes.", she said as he come and sat beside me. 

I was looking at her hand when suddenly there was a distinct voice from the hall room. 

"where is Devika Pratap Singh?!", the voice was a loud and clear male voice. 

I slowly got up. 

"wait. I will check.", Devika said as she slowly walked out of the room. I did not give up. 

who knew who was it was?

I fallowed her, limping. 

"what happened, sir?", she asked as I recognized the commissioner. 

I stood at the balcony. it was quite weird that the infrastructure of the mansion of mine was very similar to the underworld's adda.

I looked down as the commissioner looked at her distinctly. 

"you are Devika, isn't it?", he asked in a steel voice. 

"yes.", she said confidently. 

"there is an FIR against you ma'am.", the commissioner said as I finally intervened.

"why does the commissioner have to come himself because of an FIR?", I asked as he looked up at me. 

"because the FIR is not an ordinary one. there are charges against your wife which had to be checked by me. It is the same allegiance is that your wife is the leader of the underworld.", he said looking passively at me. 

"and who is this very stubborn person, sir?", I asked. 

"It is me Ranveer.", the voice was quite clear as Aryaman walked in. he hadn't aged much as he walked in. I drew in a sharp breath.

so, this was the revenge from the side. 

I knew this was not going to be easy because this time the power was on the opposite side to us. It is true that your dark past never leaves your back. 

don't forget to comment and vote share your thought's about the book or charters I hope you enjoy it. i hope you have a good day or night wherever you may be reading the book. 

see you on the chapter bye kisses