😔A Man From Her Past💔

Devika's Point of View: 

Ranveer was slowly taken back to the room by a few men from the village as i had quietly followed him. he was lying on the bed when i walked in. 

"why did you cause yourself so much pain. you could have just touched your feet and moved away.", i said looking at his burnt feet. i felt bad for him. 

"do not feel sympathy for me. i am clearing that to you. i am no unfortunate person with a bad life, i fight and win and that is exactly what i did today. it was impossible and i did it.", he said looking up at the ceiling victoriously. 

i sat beside him on the bed, my eyes fixed on his face looking up at the ceiling as tears flowed down his eyes on the pillow. 

"is hurting yourself truly victory?", i asked softly. 

he paused for a while and said, 

"yes. to me it is, to you it might never be. i do not care about my  existence and that gives me enough power to fight the unknown, to do what no body in their right senses would do. to be the gangster that i am.", he said. 

"and why do you pretend?", i asked as he immediately looked at me with deep suspicion. 

"what do you mean?", he asked, his voice broken due to pain but still as distinct as ever. 

"simple. you pretend that you love hurting others, you pretend that you are extremely happy with that burnt feet of your and of course you pretend that you hate me.", i said feeling the fear inside me dissolve away. 

he looked at me as if shocked as he gulped. he immediately looked away as tears continued to flow down his eyes. 

"i am fire. i will burn you.", he replied only to my last statement. 

"and what if i want to get burnt.", i said as he looked at me with a raised brow. 

"you are taking all this in a wrong way, Devika.." he said in an understanding tone, 

"you are nothing but a liability to me which i will dispose of when the time come. do not get attached to me emotionally, it will be foolish. be intelligent.", he said slowly.

his words did hurt in a way i could not really interpret. he had said the worst things in such a calm manner that i could not reply. i just looked at him as he continued. 

"in truth, i merely lust you and that's it. i am darkness and you are a light. we do not go together. it is just that our fates have entwined us in this unwanted relationship. i hope you will clearly understand what i mean to say.", he said in a hoarse voice looking directly at me. 

i merely nodded drawing in a sharp breath. 

just then his phone rung. it was kept on the table nearby. i went and brought it for him. it was Vinod. 

Ranveer's Point of View: 

i slowly sat up as the main just seemed to increase with every movement. i picked up the call.  

"hello, Ranveer. there is an important piece of news. Randhir sharma has been given the work of catching you. be aware. he is the best.", he said as i repeated the name in shock, 

"Randhir Sharma? the police officer who had been thrown out because he was into corruption? he is back?", i asked in astonishment. 

"yes. they felt that only he can catch hold of you. criminal minds know each other well.", he replied and immediately hung up the call. 

this was for security reasons, so that no body can tap my phone due to short calls.  

"Randhir Sharma?", Devika asked slowly. she seemed extremely shocked. she had paled slightly. 

"yes. you are looking as if you know something about him.", i said. 

"he was my boyfriend.", she said quietly. 

i hope you enjoy it show love comment and vote share you thoughts i will be reading them i hope you have a good day or night bye kisses.