🤔The Missing Piece🕵️‍♀️

Devika's Point of View:

Ranveer looking down , as if defeated decisively. 

"why don't you just leave me?", he said in a low voice.

i knelt in front of him holding his face as tears ran down his cheeks. 

"i can..", i whispered as i felt tears in my eyes.

Ranveer looked up to me, his teary eyes glittering in the moonlight.

"and you will destroy yourself... i will destroy you..", he said as if helpless.

"i don't mind getting destroyed by you. you are my strength. when you are there i feel i can fight the world, but without you i am nothing..", i whispered back to him as he merely looked at me. i wish i could read his eyes, but somehow they were determined to not give away anything. 

"i am who has no true identity.. a man whose mother suicide without thinking about him twice, a man who killed an innocent man without knowing the complete truth.. i am nothing but ruin! ruin!", he said venting out his frustration. 

it was quite an irony that he was the gangster king but he did regret killing an innocent man. i could not help but smile. 

i slowly wiped his tears away, still holding his face. 

"you are too good a person and that is the reason you feel so frustrated.", i said as he fixed his eyes on my face. 

"i am bad. i did not want to be this but my fate entangled me into such situations that i did things i should not have. i don't want to became a torchurer but i became one. and now when i want to find my true self, i am so lost.", he said, his voice calming down. 

"now, tell me everything. what had happened in the last ten months?", i asked him as he slowly gained back his composure. 

"not now. it's too much time of you being out. Randhir-", before he could finish i placed a finger on his lips. 

"stop caring about me and others for a while and tell me everything.", i said, my tone turning a little rigid.

"fine.", he said as i removed my finger. 

"after i woke up after my coma i could clearly remember what Randhir had revealed to me before shooting me. i wanted to get my answer and i decided to find out about Randhir. after all he knew things about my life to which even i was oblivious. i came to know about his mother. she lives in the outskirts of the city, forgotten by her children. i decided to meet her. Ms. Amita Sharma was a woman of high standards and haughtiness. when i went to meet her she looked at me with a swift disinterest before letting me in. i asked her about my father. at this are disinterest changed into suspicion. 

"why do you want to know?!", she had shot back, looking much furious.

i told her the truth as she sat back patiently and heard my story. i could tell she found it quite genuine. 

"oh! very sad indeed!", she said after i finished speaking. 

"now, now, madam can you please tell me about how Randhir came to know about me so well.", i pleaded to her as he nodded curtly and said, 

"why would i not be able to say? in any case, i have been left behind by everyone and there seems no reason behind taking vengeance from you. he was told all this by his dead father. the man you murdered.", she said. 

i looked down in dejection.

"but..", she continued, "there is another man who can help you with this. Sujal Maheshwari. the topmost billionaire of the country.", that's when my card struck. 

when i reached there in disguise of a waiter, i came to know of his son and only heir to his family, Aditya's death because of a plane crash. he had not told anyone except his very close people but somehow i had overheard one of his conversations to his close relative. i knew he had too many enemies to go around with and i used this news as a tramp card. 

i told him of my true identity and blackmailed him into telling me the 

truth. he told me.", at this Ranveer paused as if absorbing the truth himself. 

I hope you like it enjoy the book share your thoughts about the characters or the book don't forget to comment and vote i hope you have a great day or night  bye kisses. 

i almost forgot i am going to update the book tomorrow today you have only one chapter but tomorrow you will have the next one bye enjoy.