🤔The culprit🤔

Devika's Point of View:

"who is it?", I asked as he looked down at me.

"I need to go now. there is not much time to waste.", he said and turned to leave.

"wait!", I shouted as he paused.

"tell me who it is.", I said keeping my voice calm.

"I think it is Aarti.", saying so he immediately walked out of the house leaving me with a million questions.

Ranveer's Point of View:

I got into the car as we drove off to my secret location. the driver was my man.

I sat back looking out of the window.

it had to be Aarti.

I had not informed Devika about one incident that occurred in the last ten months. I could recall it clearly as I looked at the clear sky out of the window.

it was five months back. I had recovered a lot and was able to do work. one night while I was alone in my room Aarti had walked in wearing a crop top and a short skirt, looking pretty but not as half as Devika.

"what happened?", I asked her as she came and sit beside me on the bed.

"no. it is just that we are so distant now days.  you don't even notice my clothes.", she said placing her hand on mine.

"I see.", i said not paying much attention to her words. I wanted to meet Devika as soon as possible.

"what happened?! you are not even listening to me!", she said now standing up.

"I am listening to you.", i lied as she pulled out her gun and placed it on my chest.

"tell me truthfully, Ranveer. are you in love with that event manager?", she asked as I felt the cold tip of the gun on my wound. it hurted but I did not let her know.

"yes.", I replied truthfully as she pushed the gun deeper on my wound. I winced.

"you betrayed me!", she shouted as I felt the surge of pain on my chest.

"I did not! i never loved you!", i said as the pain grew rapidly.

"you liar! you lied to me! why?!", she shouted.

"because I did not want to hurt you!", I said as I felt tears of pain roll down my eyes.

"oh! and now that you have?! what should I do?!", saying so she pulled away the gun. the wound was bleeding now.

"I am sorry.", I said softly placing a hand on my bleeding wound.

"I don't care about your sorry! you will pay for this! and that lover of yours.. Devika.. I will make sure she is ruined!", saying so she had left the room in anger.

I returned to the present as the car stopped. I got off it and walked into the mansion.

"what happened Ranveer?", Vinod asked as I walked in.

"where is Aarti?", I asked keeping my composure.

"she is inside. but why?"

"I will tell you later.", saying so I walked into the room in the direction Vinod had pointed to.

Aarti was sitting and watching the television.

"The Billionaire In Love!", the over existed female voice spoke.

"oh! you are here? I was waiting for you.", saying so Aarti turned the television off.

she stood up and walked up to me. she slowly placed. a finger on my wound.

"does it hurt anymore?", she asked with mock concern.

"why do you care?!", I said holding her hand tightly and removing it.

"ouch! leave me!", she said.

"get all this off from the news!", I shouted at her.

a wicked smirk spread over her face.

"and if I don't? what will you do?! kill me.? it will help no one.", she said struggling to free her hand from my steel grip.

who helped you with this?! I know it could never have been done only by you!", I shouted as her smile widened.

"your biggest enemy.", she

whispered.

I hope you enjoy it. don't forget to share your thoughts about the book or the characters I hope you have a great day and also don't forget to comment and vote bye see on the next chapter.

and by the way I am using my phone so it will take a while to type by thank you for your support bye kisses 😘