🥳The Masquerade🥳

Devika's Point of View:

the mansion he had taken me to was as large and beautiful as Ranveer's. it was beautifully lightened up as guests who looked mostly of a high class walked in with smiles. i felt a little like an outsider. 

"come on.", Aditya said now holding my hand softly with a smile as everybody started looking at him, both men and women alike. 

we walked into a large hall packed with couples as soft music played in the background. 

"the masquerade has begun.", Aditya said softly, more to himself than me. 

"let's get our masks.", he said still not leaving my hand. we collected out masks and joined into the ball. 

he began waltzing with me as i merely started in his eyes moving as he made me move. i longed for Ranveer, i realized as i danced with his look alike. somehow my heart seemed to say that Aditya was no one else but Ranveer, but this was always dismissed by my brain. he pulled me closer to himself.

"you seem unfocused.", he whispered.

"i am.", i replied truthfully as we waltzed. 

"time to change partners.. Adieu.", he said softly as he released me. 

i  couldn't remove my eyes from his masked face. he was wearing a blue mask over his eyes. 

just then someone else grasped my hand as we started waltzing. multiple partners were changed and i danced with so many people but somehow Aditya seemed to be lost. i started fearing the fact, that if the music paused and someone else was with me i would have to kiss him. 

rule of the masquerade. 

"whoever you are dancing with when the music pauses, you will have to kiss him."

i kept on looking around but i could not find him. at the end i realized that the music is going to end and i became desperate. i did not know who was waltzing with me as i kept on searching for him. just before the music was going to end, 

suddenly partners were changed and like some magic Aditya stood in front of me, his mild smile fixed. 

i couldn't have felt happier as he drew me closer. 

finally the music paused. 

i removed my mask and so did Aditya. his green eyes shinning with a certain excitement. 

he pulled me towards himself as i merely looked at him, hoping that this was not a dream. 

"time to kiss!", someone said on the mic. 

"indeed.", Aditya whispered softly before pulled me into a deep kiss. as if he had longed for it since ages. as he kissed me, i knew he was Ranveer. he had to be!

after a while we pulled away. 

"was it good?", he asked with a smile. 

i nodded suddenly turning red as i looked down pretending to put a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"i like it when you pretend to hide your blush.", he said warmly. 

"and i like it when you behave like a boss in front of Randhir.", i said softly. 

"indeed!", he said finally removing his hand around my waist. 

"where were you?", i asked remembering his sudden disappearance. 

"had to meet my friend. come on, let's go your fiance will think i have eloped with you.", he said, trying to sound serious. 

i let out a slight laughter. i realized how desperately i wanted to smile and laugh. 

"you should laugh a little more. suits you.", he said as i merely looked up at him, holding onto the smile. 

"thanks.", i said as we turned to leave. 

we sat in the car as he started looking out of the window. 

suddenly it came to my mind and i asked the question i longed to ask him. 

"are you Ranveer?", i asked as he suddenly turned towards me with a raised brow. i instantly regretted the question. 

"what?", he asked as i felt a tinge of courage. 

"are you Ranveer?", i asked now 

slowly, feeling my heart drum madly in my chest. 

I hope you have great day thank you for showing love don't forget to comment and vote share your thoughts about the book or about the characters thank you have a good day or night bye everyone see on the next chapter bye kisses.