Chapter Six - Pain

Jackson's POV

It's been two weeks since that dumbass shot me. The hospital is finally letting me fucking leave. The stupid fucking doctors have been telling me I could leave for like a fucking week but every time I would start getting ready the stupid fucking tube in my chest would start draining fluid again.

I have to say that getting shot and then getting fucking surgery on your chest and getting a damn chest tube and all of that is not fucking fun. That bastard that shot me has it coming for him.

The nurse comes into my room with a packet of papers in her hand and stops, staring at me. I smirk at her, looking back down to the duffel bag that I'm packing.

"Like what you see?" I ask her.

Of course she does. I'm wearing my signature black T-shirt that hugs me just right, a black leather jacket, my chain, black jeans, and my black boots. I'm fucking hot.

She blushes and swipes a strand of hair behind her ear, "I... uh... have your discharge p-p-paperwork," she stutters.

Classic nerdy type. Frizzy hair, big glasses, ill-fitting clothes. I mean, she's practically drowning in her scrubs. Dark hair, light eyes, incredible ass. She has the potential to be hot but doesn't seem to understand that.

I smile at her as I walk closer to her. I feel her tense more and more with each step. She looks up at me as I tower over her, swallowing hard. I slip my hand under her chin and tilt it up towards me, her eyes locked on mine.

God! It is so much fun to play with women like this.

"Jenna," I murmur in my most seductive voice.
"Y-yeah?" she stutters.
I lean in closer, my lips just inches from hers. I can feel her breath quicken under my gaze. I smirk again as her eyes dart between mine and my lips. "Thanks for taking care of me," I whisper as I snap the paperwork out of her hands and turn around quickly, throwing my bag onto my shoulder.

Jenna stands there wide-eyed as I walk past her and out the door of my room, waving the paperwork at her, "Catch yah later," I tell her.
"W-wait! Mr. Hart! I need your signature!" she yells after me.
"No, you don't," I tell her as my long strides take me down the hallway of the unit. I wink at one of the nurses at the nurses' station and open the door to the elevator hall.
"Mr. Hart!" she calls.

I find the staircase and take to it, shuffling down the 7 flights of stairs as quickly as I can. I open the door to the lobby and see Connor outside the main doors, waiting for me, leaning up against his fucking Jeep Wrangler. He smiles when he sees me.

"You look like a fucking douchebag," I tell him, grabbing his hand and pulling him into my chest while we slap each other's back.
"Aw, I missed you too," he says.
"Listen, there's a nurse chasing me, we gotta go," I say, opening the door and throwing my bag in.
"What did you do to her?" he wonders, running around to his side and hopping in the driver's seat.
I pull myself up into my seat and try not to wince as pain ebbs from where I was shot. "Just fucking drive," I groan.
"Seriously, what did you do to her?" he pressures.
"Connor! Fucking drive!" I bark, turning his keys in the ignition.
"Okay, okay! Relax, Jesus!" he grunts, shifting into drive and taking off.

I watch the hospital get smaller behind me in the side mirror. I start chewing on my chain absentmindedly. I watch the place I met her disappear.

I need to get the fuck over her. She was just another dumb broad... except she wasn't. She was clearly brilliant, calm under pressure, and cared a whole fucking lot about me. Or maybe that was the pain meds? I'm pretty sure I made this whole thing up. It had to have been the meds.

But when she grabbed me and forced me to relax, smiling, fuck her smile. The way her fingers ran through my hair. Her voice and the way it made me feel so safe. Her blush when I applauded her for telling off that fucking asshole doctor. Her telling off the asshole doctor.