Chapter Sixteen - Nothing

I pull on my Kevlar vest. Riley raises an eyebrow at me before walking forward and putting the back of his hand up to my forehead. I grab his wrist and twist it, making Riley yelp in pain.

"Why are you fucking touching me?!" I bark. I fucking hate it when people touch me.
"Jesus, dude! Just checking to see if you're feeling alright cause you're putting on your Kevlar," he grumbles, rubbing his wrist.
"Wait, Jackson is putting on Kevlar?" Connor chirps.
"Connor," I warn.
"Holy shit, I never thought we would see the day!" Jordan exclaims.
"Jordan!" I yell.
"What the fuck, kid?" Mac stresses.
I sigh and grab my gun, putting it into the holster on my side, "Can we get moving or do we need to keep interrogating me?" I ask.
"Well, I just want to know wh-" Riley starts.
"Kid, if you don't shut the fuck up, I'm going to shove my foot up your ass," I spit.

The group silences, looking at one another and then back at me. I shove my knife into its holster next to my gun and make sure my cuffs are in my back pocket. I secure the holsters around my ankles and make sure I have extra magazines in my belt as well.

The last job that I went on, I didn't wear my Kevlar and I got shot in the fucking chest. Sure, it was friendly-fucking-fire, but I think it's safe to say that I learned my lesson. It also may or may not have anything to do with Jet threatening to kill me with her bare hands if I get myself shot again while looking at me with those fucking eyes that were all big and watering.

I am so fucked, man. I am so fucking whipped by her.

I think back to earlier today, right before I left for this job and she went to work...

Her body was wrapped around Rosie's, holding her tight against her chest. Rosie and Jet both snored in harmony, with drool rolling down the side of their faces. I had already been awake for about an hour, just watching her as she slept. She was at complete peace. Nothing was going on in her beautiful mind. She just laid there with a small smile on her lips, snoring into Rosie.

I ran my fingers through her hair, untangling the knots that formed throughout the night. Ever since Jet came over three weeks ago, she practically moved in. I don't care. I prefer to have her here, where I know that she's safe. Here, where I can help calm her down in the middle of the night when she wakes up screaming from night terrors. Here, where she can help me calm down in the middle of the night when I wake up screaming from night terrors.

I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with her all day, but I needed to go into work and so did she. So, I started kissing her shoulder. Then her neck. Then her cheek. By the time I got to her lips, she was awake, a smile on her face. She buried herself into me.
"Come on, baby girl, we need to get up," I told her. She groaned and shook her head. "Jet, come on, it's my first big gig back at work and you have that research presentation today."
"They don't need you and I can do that another day," she grumbled into my chest.
"I'm the commanding officer of the tactical force, they do need me," I explained. I wished they fucking didn't, but they do.
She raised her head to look at me, "That sounds so fucking sexy."

She climbed on top of me, her hips grinding into me. Fuck she made me so fucking hard so fucking fast. I brought her face down to mine, kissing her like we were running out of time. She crooked her hips just right and I slid right into her, my dick engulfed by her muscles. I threw my head back and moaned, my hands gripping onto her hips. A devilish smile crawled across her face as she-

"Earth to Jackson? Earth to fearless leader?" Connor yells, snapping his fingers in front of my face.
"What?" I growl, narrowing my eyes at him.
"Are we ready to go or not?" Connor asks.
"I've been waiting on you fuckers," I snap, rolling my eyes and walking out the door.