Chapter 13. 1876 

Sunlight sparkled through the large glass window of the Chester Park drawing room, bathing the three nursing mothers who were sitting on the dark red velvet chaise with brilliant golden beams. Birds were chirping in the trees outside, and the sky was void of any dark clouds. The July afternoon was beautiful and perfect.
Vivian. "Can you believe we all gave our husbands a son? Although, I am a bit disappointed that Thomas won't have a noble title like Charles and George. However, he is going to inherit a very large estate."
Margaret. "I would think you wouldn't mind Thomas not having a title."
Vivian rolled her eyes. "I don't, because I know he is going to be very spoiled."
Rachel kissed the top of Charles's head. "At least our boys will be loved and adored, not put under pressure."
Margaret kissed the top of George's head. "Exactly. Charles and George won't be responsible for their duties until they are of age."
Rachel. "Exactly. Until then, we treat them as children."
Vivian. "I'm simply glad that Thomas happens to be three months older than both Charles and George combined."
Rachel and Margaret exchanged a glance. Charles and George were both two months old, having been born in May. The two cousins would be much closer in age than Thomas, who had been born in March and was five months old.
Garrett poked his head into the room, smiling softly. "It seems the boys haven't finished yet."
Rachel giggled, finishing up nursing Charles. "Your son is finished my love. I know you've been wanting to hold him for the last half an hour."
His heart welling up with overwhelming love, Garrett stepped forward and took his son into his arms. "I have been wanting to hold him, but I know he needs you for his nutrients."
Rachel smiled tenderly. "He does, but he needs his father for his cuddle time."
Garrett smiled, kissing her softly. "You are absolutely the most wonderful wife and mother I could ever ask for my darling."
Rachel smiled and returned his kiss. "And you are the most adoring husband and father I could ever want my love."
Brushing Charles's cheek with a kiss, Garrett gave him back to Rachel. "I'm sorry to leave you so soon, but I still have mountains of paperwork that need my attention."
Rachel took Charles back into her arms. "You must take a break sometime darling. I don't want you getting overwhelmed."
Garrett chuckled. "Don't worry about me sweetheart, I'll be fine. Besides, I have Arthur to help."
Margaret giggled. "The two of you can work through that paperwork together."
Garrett smiled. "That's exactly what we plan to do."
Once Garrett left the room, Vivian sank back against the chaise. "I cannot wait to have a daughter."
Rachel stared at her. "Why not wait at least until Thomas is a year old or so?"
Vivian. "I want my children to be close in age. I've always dreamed of having one boy and one girl to love and spoil."
Margaret. "I do hope that, when you do have a daughter, you won't dress her up like a doll."
Vivian glared at her. "I will dress up my children however I choose."
Margaret and Rachel shook their heads, knowing full well that Vivian was going to spoil her children rotten. Turning their attention back to Charles and George, they smiled sweetly as they watched their boys fall asleep. They knew that they would spoil their children with love and affection, not material possessions. They would make sure their children had a bright and prosperous future ahead of them.
***
By the middle of October, Rachel Margaret and Vivian had fallen perfectly into motherhood. They adored their boys and gave them every ounce of love they could muster. Thomas was eight months old and Charles and George were six months old. All three boys reached their milestones on time.
On a chilly but clear morning, Margaret and Rachel were curled up on the chaise in the breakfast room nursing Charles and George. They were in the middle of a very deep conversation about fashion when they noticed Vivian walking into the room with a huge smile on her face.
Margaret. "What has you so cheerful Vivian?"
Vivian was smiling from ear to ear. "Well, I have the most wonderful news to share with the two of you."
Rachel. "And what is that news?"
Vivian placed one hand on her belly. "Well, early last month, I discovered that I had missed my courses. When this month arrived, I had the same discovery."
Margaret and Rachel stared at their sister with wide eyes, their mouths falling open. Their eyes landed on her belly and then back up to her face. Slowly, they shook their heads with shock.
Margaret. "Vivian, does this mean..."
Vivian was beaming. "It certainly does! Once again, I am with child!"