Part 12

3 days had passed , Sam had finally held the boys for the first time as they were put of of the incubator,  the nurses had teached him how to change nappies , how to hold them , how to fed them as well as burping them , he had just dressed one and the other was still asleep , John and Jena walked in " look at that handsome face can I hold him?" Jena said opening her hands out" ofcourse but wash your hands first I don't want them to get sick again" Jena giggled and washed her hands, Sam handed over the baby and changed the other John took the other from his hand as well he walked to his daughter " hey princess daddy is so proud of you , you've been doing so well you'll get out of here soon too okay" , "so uncle we'll leave now you can rest cause you're and grandma are on night duty today Jena might be up to cause she doesn't seem like she wants to let go , I guess I just lost my wife to a newborn" , "I've never seen anything cuter than this" Jena said , they left Sam fed his daughter then let her sleep he then wiped Lisa's body and spoke to her about everything he fell asleep whilst holding her hand.

Lisa opened her eyes but didn't move she felt lost she touched her stomach, a nurse came in and she silenced her as she didn't want to disturb Sam , she quietly got out of bed and saw the incubator with her daughter she smiled and walked to her " hey baby it's mommy, have you been okay I hope you weren't giving daddy a hard time" she smiled looking at her child the nurse called her outside as the doctor was waiting for her "did I lose my other children? Where are they can I see them? How long have I been out? What's wrong with my daughter why is she in the incubator?" , "Mrs Smith please calm down sit next to me so I can check you out" the doctor said pulling her to sit next to him " your children are all fine you just missed them they just got discharged , your daughter was born weak her lungs weren't fully developed and she had trouble breathing but she's been doing just fine she's developed well and now that you're awake you can breast feed her to help her strength, weight gain and air consumption , I need you to go lie down so I can check your stom.." , "Lisa!! LISA! WHERE DID YOU TAKE MY W.." Sam paused as soon as he saw her " Babe!" He ran to her and pulled her in for a hug " you're okay , you're finally awake , I knew you'd never leave us" tears ran down his face he quickly wiped them off " did you see our daughter,  our little princess she's been so strong , the boys I need to call John to bring back the bo.." Lisa cupped his face " breath , calm down okay ,I don't think it's okay to travel up and down with newborns let them settle home first I'll see them once I get discharged okay" Sam nodded "I am right here with you okay , I need to go back inside so the doctors can check me out okay" Sam whipped his tears then carefully carried Lisa to the bed after she was checked the doctor said she needed to stay for a day then she can go home but someone is needed to stay at the hospital for they daughter.

The nurse brought the incubator closer to Lisa's bed so she can spend time with her child " so babe what's her name?" , "uhmm I didn't name them I wanted you to name them when you wake up" , "what names popped up in your mind when you held the boys?" , " Charlie and Charleston" , "then our little princess will be Charlotte" , Sam went closer to her and kissed her like his life dependent on it he broke the kiss and looked at her "Thank you for coming back to us" he kissed her forehead , "I don't want to go to the house right now I think we need family around plus from what you've said I don't want to make Jena sad" , " well bbe Jena has always wanted to have kids but she has a problem" , " what problem?" , "well after her miscarriage we tried for another baby she got pregnant but once the first trimester passed she lost it , the doctors said she couldn't carry a baby full term she should consider surrogacy" , "why didn't you?" , "at first when I found out she lost our baby I felt I was to blame as I wasn't with her so when she asked me if we can try again I agreed because I wanted to redeem my mistakes, but she got obsessed with the baby issue so I told her I'll do the surrogacy thing if she agreed to go to therapy,  she wasn't okay even though I wasn't inlove with her I was willing to have a child with her because after a while with her I've gotten to know a side of her that nobody knew , Jena acts all tough , bold and fierce but deep down she just genuinely wants to be loved, shes soft, the little things matter to her , I knew she would have been a great mother" , "can you video call home I want to see Charlie and Charles" Sam took out his and immediately John silenced him showing him the kids sleeping with Jena , Lisa smiled then suddenly one of the boys woke up crying the other woke up to " I'll call you bac.." , " don't drop the call put the phone closer to them" , Lisa started singing to them and slowly they fell asleep , after putting the kids to sleep John ran out to Grandma Blue with the phone " Grandma she's awake she's finally awake" , "we should go to th.." , "hey Grandma I am sorry I scared you , don't worry I am okay I just need to rest I'll come home tomorrow to see you okay" , Grandma Blue just nodded with tears rolling down her cheeks, " John please tell the others not to worry and if Jena needs my help she can call me okay" John just nodded and dropped the call , "how did you do that?" , " do what?" , " how did you know they'll fall asleep if you sang to them" , " I used to sing to them whilst rubbing my belly they felt my presence hence they tried , it is said twins or triplets in my state share a deep connection with each other and the mother , they haven't heard me sing to them nor talk to them hence they were crying when they felt my presence, just like our little princess over there when I woke up she woke up too" , Sam smiled " you were shocked when I did some research look at you now" , the doctor came in "doc I wanted to ask when can we get Charlotte out of the incubator, how can I feed her?" , "first Mrs Smith you need to take care of yourself first you see breastmilk is healthier when the mother is well taken of , you produce more milk if you eat well and you're less stressed , and before feeding Charlotte you need to pump out the milk that's on you now she can't have that" , "I see but how can I pump it out my breast are very painful" , "and they hard like rocks" Sam added " what you can do is put a warm cloth or take a very warm bath the milk will come out on its own but be careful it will spread all over so do it carefully" they nodded and did as told , Lisa was in pain Sam could see it but she hid it from him , all Sam wanted was for his family to reunited again and his wife and kids to be healthy and never be sick again.