Part 13

It was now the next day Lisa was feeding Charlotte , Sam had gone home to get clothes for her the doctor came in " sorry to bother you Mrs Smith if you don't feel comfortable breastfeeding whilst I am here I can come back another time and let the nurse observe" , " it's okay doctor you can do you job" , "she's feeding well and her progress is pretty good I guess all children need they mom at this rate she might be okay by next week" Lisa smiled and nodded " I wanted to talk to you about your health I thought I should do it now since your husband isn't here" , " go ahead" , " it's about your heart , I know this will be a hard time for you as a new mom but you need to gym to keep your blood circulation up , you need to eat healthy now I am not saying cut of junk no I mean cut off oily foods , you can drink wine but no whiskey or rum , your heart needs you to keep healthy even if you jog for a while , then come back for a checkup in 6 months time I want to see if we can avoid an operation on you , your body might feel week and painful and you might also be getting blood clots down there it's all normal you'll be fine in 6 weeks time you just need to rest more and learn to ask for help , if it happens you feel your milk supply is running short drink warm beverages okay take warm baths not shower and take a break and have tea to calm yourself no caffeine please okay" she nodded" thank you doctor I'll keep everything you said now in mind" , Sam stood outside listening to the conversation " when will Charlotte be out of the incubator?" , " she needs one more week then she'll be out , the boys will need to be here on Monday for they 6 days inspection I advise you put them in there with her they might be good for her" , " okay doctor will do".

Sam entered " doc is everything okay?" , " Don't worry Mr Smith I was just here for Charlotte's daily morning inspection" he got up to leave " I'll walk you out " , Sam walked out with the doctor not saying anything until they reached his office " the silence is very loud", " my wife's heart condition is it serious? Will she be unconscious again" , "I see you heard our conversation earlier , unfortunately yes" , "if she were to be pregnant again will she survive it?" , "the chances are 30/70" , "then I want to get that thing where you stop me from having kids but on me not my wife" the doctor chuckled " let's not make rush decisions now Mr Smith I've given your wife 6 months let's see if there are no changes in her health then we'll talk about you getting a vasectomy okay" , Sam nodded then went back to Lisa,  "is everything okay?" She asked him "yes my love was asking about Charlotte " she knew that what he had just said was a lie but she just nodded , after feeding and putting Charlotte to sleep Lisa changed into her clothes she got discharged but was hesitant to leave without Charlotte but Sam convinced her as they would be coming back later on.

They got home and everyone hugged and were happy she was okay Jena somehow was acting weird , the boys started crying and Jena jumped up Lisa, John,  Lucy and Sam followed behind her , she grabbed Charleston who has been crying and tried to calm him down Lisa looked at who was about to cry too , "Jena can I try calming him down" Lisa put out her hands " no its okay he always does this I've got him" Lisa looked at John then walked to Charleston and picked him up " what are you doing I just put them down , he needs to lie dow.." , " Jena!" John shouted , " can we not shout infront of the kids" Lisa said putting Charleston back down and grabbing Charlie from Jena she sat on the rocking chair and breastfeed him " he's already taking powdered milk you're mess.." , " Jena can we step outside for a bit" Lucy asked, she just walked out , Lisa fed both boys and they were fast asleep with no hustle, she walked out of the nursery and passed Lucy and Jena and walked to the kitchen where Grandma Blue was making tea and scones for her , Jena followed behind her angry " why would you breastfeed them whe.." , Lisa turned looking at Jena "stop , stop it Jena please , this is the first time I've seen my kids , I haven't been home in a while and I don't want this day to be of bad memories" , she walked closer to her and grabbed her hands " I won't take them away from you I see how you care for them , but don't tell me what to do or what not to do with my kids , I am truly grateful for all you've done this far ,stop trying to tell me what to do and what not to with my own kids , I want to breastfeed then all, the schedule you have made for them doesn't work for me but for you,  this is the first time as a mom let me make my own mistakes,  let me learn my own way,  let me and my kids figure out what works for us , if you can't work hand in hand with me , I will move away with them and raise them all alone , and don't ever raise your voice whilst my kids are present and don't ever tell me not to touch my kids when they cry for me!" Lisa was now shouting as she was angry , she walked past Jena and the rest and went upstairs to Sam's room , she saw the kids bed haven't been set up yet she put them out of the box and started working on them , downstairs Grandma Blue sat Jena down as she was crying " come here baby , we all know how much you care for the boys she knows too , now what you did today was wrong one thing one must never do to a new mom is tell them how to handle their kids , she just got back we're lucky she has woken up now you must understand how she feels waking up without her kids besides her and having one of them stuck in a box in hospital the first thing she wanted to see were her boys and you stopped her from touching them enforcing dominance over them making her feel less of a mother as she wasn't there for them since day one , this is a very sensitive matter for both of you but you must understand her first don't let your selfish feelings get the better of you or she will leave with those boys and you'll be left alone" , Sam sat down not knowing what to do he stood up "sit down" Grandma Blue said " now you listen to me carefully you're gonna be there for that girl no matter what , but right now she needs space alot has happened to her and she needs time to breath , she's holding in alot of emotions I am sure each and everyone of you saw that when she spoke , let her be she will ask for help when she finds it exhausting, all we can do now is give her all the support she needs , make sure she eats well , make sure she rests and doesn't over do anything make sure she takes her showers , she won't ask for our help yet but we will help with these small gestures" , they heard something banging and Sam went to check it out , Lisa was holding a hammer and putting the bed together , he got in and helped her , they put up the beds in silence when they were done Grandma Blue entered " hey baby I made tea and scones for you I don't know if I should bring it up or " , " thank you Grandma I'll have them in nursery" , " I'll move the boys to here since we've finished the beds they can sleep on them now you , rest up okay" Sam said and she nodded , she got into her bed and waited for Sam to come back. Sam moved the kids to the beds and then went in bed next to Lisa they had tea in silence.