8. A Bad Day 2: A Fall

A/N

Happy birthday to me!

E/A/N

~~~

"We were best friends. Once."

"If this is about the house," Hunter retorted, "I told you that I was following orders."

"We're burning daylight," Eda said suddenly. "Let's go! Hoot!" Eda burst through a wall with a flip and landed on the other side. "Did I do it? Did I go into harpy mode?"

King followed her through. "No. You just screamed "hoot" and ran headfirst into a wall of ice. Pretty funny actually."

Amity pushed a captive Hunter through the hole with her staff.

"You can put down your staff," Hunter said. "I won't run."

Amity poked him again. "Too bad, because I don't trust you."

Eda looked at some mining equipment. "Huh, this stuff is old."

"Ancient witches used to mine the veins for Titan blood-"

Amity interrupted him. "They're not paying attention."

They looked at King sitting on a drill-like device as Eda stood in front of it. "Go on, fire it. Maybe the adrenaline will kick in, and bam, Harpy Eda."

"Sounds perfectly safe!" King activated the drill.

"Wait!" Josefin yelled. "Don't!"

But it was too late. The drill fired off a beam that bounced around the walls. When it headed for the teenage witches, Amity stopped the beam using an abomination sphere. Eda and King stared at them.

"This isn't a normal cave!" Josefin scolded, taking off the suffocating mask completely. "These walls are made from the veins of the Titan!"

"Any magic you shoot will bounce right back at you!" Hunter complained.

Eda rolled her eyes. "You two must be fun at parties. Hey, King, how about you use your new powers to echolocate the lake?"

Josefin said, "That seems like a-"

"Haha, okay!" King stopped at the mouth of a tunnel, took a deep breath and let out a sonic wave. "Weh!" A few moments passed until King looks at his companions and shrugged.

Hunter sighed. "Those two are definitely gonna get us caught."

"Us?" Amity said. "There is no us. Now keep walking."

Hunter shrugged and they moved on, a small red bird chirping as it followed close by.

"You know, Luz told me about a trip to Latissa where she met someone very interesting," Eda gossiped with King. "A beat-up blonde with no magical powers. She called him, and these are her words, 'a bad but sad boy'." King burst out laughing as Hunter turned pink.

Hunter angrily grumbled. "If I ever see that human again-"

"Watch it," Amity warned.

"At least I'm not delusional enough to think I can turn into a harpy," Hunter said.

Eda stopped to turn around and hiss at him.

"Hey!" Josefin yelled, stopping them as they threw the suffocating mask away. It had been a little gross anyway. "Give it a rest already. You two are driving me crazy. It is hard enough for me to be here right now without listening to you two squabble!"